Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:17:28 AM

Author Topic: Cutting problem, Random Cuts!!  (Read 1558 times)

Cutting problem, Random Cuts!!
« on: May 29, 2016, 01:24:47 PM »
I don't think I'm having problems with my g-code, mach3, or v-carve but I thought someone may be able to help me on this site.  I use v-carve pro and mach 3 on my table.  About 90% of the time simple designs come out fine, but lately I get cuts in wrong areas. For example; I attempted to cut the letter B out of wood, had it clamped tight so no chance of material movement, and 1st pass went past my stop point then dropped to make the second pass.  This resulted in the first pass cutting further into my piece than my second pass.  Also, I just attempted to cut a clock.  At almost 90% complete my router dropped for a second pass and cut off where it was supposed to by about an inch.  I reset the machine and computer and attempted this g-code again.  This time it cut the clock wrong in the exact same place AND an additional wrong spot.  I don't think its a problem with v-carve since most the time the problem isn't repeatable but in this instance part of it was exactly repeatable. I'm at a loss and I'm not great at reading g-code or calibrating mach 3.  Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be.  I'm stuck only being able to cut simple designs due to the longer the machine runs on a file I understand I give it more time to make a mistake.  It seems to happen on a few simple designs but on nearly all longer more complex designs.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Cutting problem, Random Cuts!!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:56:24 AM »
If you Zip and then attach (give it a unique name) your Gcode file which is having issues It can be tested to see if that is causing the problem.

Tweakie.
PEACE