Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:12:21 AM

Author Topic: Stretching Images  (Read 2212 times)

Stretching Images
« on: May 24, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »
Is there a way to set a static image so it won't stretch or resize with the screen?  A way to lock the aspect ratio would work also.  Anything to prevent the image from distorting.  I was kind of hoping for a "resized" event attached to the tab panel object, but don't see anything like that.

Thanks
Re: Stretching Images
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 11:52:41 PM »
I'm guessing there is not a way to lock images.  This is driving me nuts.  I'm trying to make a nice looking screen with images and image buttons, but it's impossible when the images distort when the screen size changes.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 02:41:54 AM »
There is a way but just not had time to go indepth with a vidieo yet, its done by using a panel and a wxstaticbitmap command, hopefully I will sort weekend.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 02:44:07 AM »
Another quick way is to make your screen editor screen the same size as the normal screen, this stops the sizers from sizing when exiting the editor.

DazTheGas
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 10:33:58 AM »
Static screen size doesn't really work because you never know what size screen a user will have.  The fact that it resizes is actually a nice feature...One I always wished M3 had...It just doesn't work when applied to images and image buttons.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 03:34:48 PM »
Not time for a video but try this..

from the screen editor

1. Add a lua panel and set the size the same as the image you want + 10 on both height and width
2. Add into the script part

Code: [Select]
local inst = mc.mcGetInstance()
    panel = mcLuaPanelParent -- get the panels parent id
    local window = panel:GetParent() -- get the panels id
    local BGround = panel:GetBackgroundColour() -- get the screen background colour
    window:SetBackgroundColour(BGround) -- set to background of top window
    window:SetWindowStyleFlag(wx.wxBORDER_NONE) -- remove border
    window:ClearBackground() -- clear background
    window:Refresh() -- refresh to apply changes

local my_image = "C:\\DTG_Mach4Hobby\\Profiles\\ESS_Motion_V2\\Screen\\Buttons\\24v_dwn.png" -- bitmap to load

wx.wxStaticBitmap( window, wx.wxID_ANY, wx.wxBitmap( my_image , wx.wxBITMAP_TYPE_ANY ), wx.wxDefaultPosition, wx.wxDefaultSize, 0 ) -- create the bitmap container

window:Layout() -- redraw the new panel

This will create a bitmap that will not resize with the screen, the panel itself will but not the image.

DazTheGas
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »
You're my hero!  That works great.