Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:15:19 AM

Author Topic: Help with Huangyang VFD  (Read 2125 times)

Help with Huangyang VFD
« on: May 25, 2016, 07:55:20 AM »
I bought a router last year already set up with Mach3. I've been quite productive with it, but can't figure out how to alter the spindle speed. I have the manual for the VFD, but can't make anything from it. The spindle motor is supposed to run from 8k to 25k rpm, but so far I can only turn it on and off. The output .tap files from Bobcad26 also turn it on and off, but any speed information doesn't get used. Can anyone point me to some tutorials on how to set up a VFD with Mach3?
Thanks in advance
Re: Help with Huangyang VFD
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 08:34:35 AM »
Im new as well and have the famous huanyang. Im trying to get some feedback n hooking it up with an rs485 conversion to usb and use the modbus download. No replies yet though
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:12:49 AM »
I just found this video, but haven't watched it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoiXZt9_cxc. All the stuff I've had to learn to get this thing going... The spindle speed I have works well enough for most things, so I've yet to put any real energy toward tackling the issue.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
I have my vfd set up using the onboard potentiometer. Maybe the jumper is wrong on your vfd if your trying to just manually control speed from vfd. Mod bus doesnt support huangyang vfd i was told but have read a few threads with users having the rs485 to usb working. Just use sheilded twisted wire and ground one end of the sheilding from what i can find out.