Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:59:10 AM

Author Topic: Servos shutter or freeze up  (Read 1563 times)

Servos shutter or freeze up
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

Sometimes when I startup my machine and sometimes when its running gcode, the machine will start to shutter and a drive will lock up.  This happens on all axes.  If I try to turn the ball screw by hand it is locked solid.  If I unplug the motor and plug back in it has freed up?

The machine also misses a step and just freezes in place.  The stop button on Mach3 will not stop the spindle and the emergency stop button has no effect.  It will usually use its origin also.

All axis servos do not seem to have any issues.  I have tripled checked all connections and removed any dust from the controller box and computer. 

I'm Huh thinking its got to be a control issue, some type of interference or computer issue.  I have not let the smoke out of any of the wires.

Any thoughts?

Morgan

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Servos shutter or freeze up
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:10:48 AM »
If I unplug the motor and plug back in it has freed up?

Just one point of note - that is not a safe thing to do, you risk damage to the driver by that action.

Could you post your .xml file (the one from the Mach3 directory named <you profile>.xml. - you will need to copy and rename the file to something unique - mtjones.xml would be good).

Tweakie.
PEACE