Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:13:42 PM

Author Topic: Power Feed Wizard  (Read 21808 times)

vmax549

Re: Power Feed Wizard
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 09:30:53 PM »
Ron, the return to origin is to allow a quick way to return to the starting point. THe wizard basically works on the XY grid moving across the planes. THe idea is to be able to return back to the starting point easily. To do it safely you need to assign a safe z and a reference point

When I use the wizard or MDI to do simple tasks I always assign a reference point as x0y0 to make it easy to keep track of where I am at.
THat way when I need to come back to the starting point it makes it very easy to remember where it is at. With my simple brain I have to keep it simple(;-) TP

The screen is not really crowded, you could scale the features down a bit to make more room if needed. If I can see it ok it must be really big features (;-)

You also need to keep thinking on a coordinate rotation screen using the probe for the reference points.

I also use several buttons for Circle of circle, center of Xplane, center of Yplane. They can be super time savers on setup and doing simple CMM. NOw there is you a project a MACH CMM using the probe and the recording feature to map out a 2d object. I do it manually all the time with pen and paper to record the points. a screen would be nice.

Thanks for your time. (;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2007, 10:57:38 PM »
Hi RON, I recently install a spindle sensor to let mach show the spindle RPM and NOW, my POWERFEED is busted. THe lefthand direction DRO (X+ I think) shows the spindle rpms???????

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 11:15:40 AM »
Wow, thats a weird one. I suspect it is caused by duplication of the DRO numbers, something I have worried about. But Art says he saves and restores all DROs before starting any wizard.

Im on a long road trip now, and have limited debugging ability. I will try to look at this, but cant promise a fix until Im home in about 2 weeks.

vmax549

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 11:35:13 AM »
It is not a problem RON, I just wanted to let you know about it. It can wait untill you return. Be carefull out on the road.

(;-) TP
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2007, 10:14:13 AM »
Im home, and starting to look at some of the wizard bugs.

This one is very strange, my own machine has a spindle senor and shows the speed, but it doesnt get mixed.

I use DRO numbers 1100 tyo 1108 and none of those are speed.

Does anyone else see this problem?

I need to update to the latest Mach and then re-test all the wizards. Ill be doing that in the next couple days.

vmax549

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 01:22:56 PM »
Ron I rechecked my machine, Using the latest version of Mach it still does it. I think it is tied internally somewhere.

If on the pulley settings page, the ratio is set to 1 then the Wizard displays the correct spindle rpm in the dro. If you set the ratio to 9 (bridgeport Lowrange) then the Dro still displays a version of the spindle speed that has had a divisor applied.

Hold on????? Now that I think about it. "Before" Art added the ratio in the pulley setting. I had to devise a way to get the corrected spindle speed to display. I may have modified the screen DRO to apply the divisor. LET me check something!!!
(;-) TP

DANG RON, It was me all along. I had to replace the screen dro with a DRO that had a divisor running in the background. Can you guess which DRO I used. YEP 1101. SORRY (;-( TP
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 01:28:59 PM by vmax549 »
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
I thnik there is a Mach bug here. Let me be sure I understand what happened.

Did you define DRO1101 on one of the top level Mach screens? Then when you call the PowerFeed wizard your DRO value shows, instead of what the wizard wants?

Mach is supposed to save all the user DRO (and LEDs) before it calls a wizard, and restore them when the wizard finishes. It sounds like that does not really work.

Do you have a macropump running to do that divide by 9 and update the DRO? That would then update the value in the wizard.

vmax549

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2007, 12:01:57 PM »
That was it in a nutshell. (;-)  I don't have to use that piece of Macro code any more so I just removed it from the Pump. and all is well.

(;-) TP