Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:08:17 AM

Author Topic: CSS - in meteres or milimeters  (Read 3979 times)

Re: CSS - in meteres or milimeters
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2016, 01:27:48 PM »
Hi Fred, you ought to try just G96 & see if it fixes your swarf control problem.  Mach3 works very well at smoothly increasing the spindle speed as the diameter of the work decreases.  If the necessary constant feed rate causes a problem at some point during the cycle, just add in a line of code that increases the feed rate a little before the swarf gets out of control & try it on the next part.  Maybe it'll  take a few iterations to make it work but it sure beats starting all over with mach4. ::)

Oops, that's what Mr. MC just said, sorry.
Milton from Tennessee ya'll.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 01:56:44 PM »
No idea Fred, not looked at Mach4 for a while.

Hood

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »
There was some discussion about Mach 4 turn over on the yahoo group last week.
IIRC Brian said the only major thing left was to sort out the default screens, but he did offer to make it available to anybody who was willing to test it.
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »
thanks for all the input--
I am using CSS and it is changing the speed as the diameter that I am turning is reduced and this is the result that I am
working through. this is making the chip problem a little easier - so i think i am on the right track.
I need to put this issue on back burner because another project is calling for attention and i tend to oill the wheels that
squeack the loudest. If there is any change i will post the detail when I get back to this project again
thanks everyone
regards

fred
think of the trees-- use both sides of the computer paper