Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 09:25:37 AM

Author Topic: Please Help... Homing Switch Problem...  (Read 2351 times)

Please Help... Homing Switch Problem...
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:15:57 PM »
I have spent half the day stuck and am very frustrated. I searched the forums and google extensively and thought some people had the same problem as me but none of them had the same problem/solution once I read their post...

I just downloaded and installed Mach3 for my CNC Router and it jogs fine and all the limit switches work. I am using the parallel port with a C-10 board and no plugins. For each axis I have limit switches wired on each extreme of the axis and wired in series as N.C. back to the controller board on a single input pin for each axis. When testing as limit switches they work fine for all axis stopping the system when I trigger them.

The problem is when doing a homing routine from the diagnostic screen (Ref X or Ref All). The limit switches are set up as homing swtiches as well as limit in the input pins config. But when running the homing routine the only axis that registers the switch is the Z-Axis. If I try to home the X-Axis the motor keeps going even if I keep pushing the limit/home switch to get it to stop but it just keeps going. If I do not hit the e-stop it would cause damage going beyond the limit of the switch. I acknowledge when clicking the switch that all three LED's for that axis are lighting on the diagnostic screen so I know the switch is registering and configured correctly.

I have attached my XML file. will someone please help?

Matt

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Please Help... Homing Switch Problem...
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 03:38:46 AM »
In ports and pins see if you have all the axis limits and home inputs set up on the same port and pin.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:10:07 AM »
Had the same problem where when I selected Ref All the each axis would blast through the home switch and kept on going.  Had to hit the e-stop to keep the machine from destroying itself.  After spending literally days trying to sort this out I reloaded Mach and the problem went away.  Hopefully this will work for you.
Tom
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 09:59:44 AM »
Thank you guys, the problem ended up being that the X axis limit switch was wired to the A axis input pin and vise versa, this made it appear that limit switches were working fine since any limit switch triggered will stop all axis'es but in homing the switch only affects the given axis.