Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:55 AM

Author Topic: Motor tunning with CSMIO/IP-A (PID) Trouble with encoders  (Read 30349 times)

Re: Motor tunning with CSMIO/IP-A (PID) Trouble with encoders
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 10:24:41 AM »
I have set up in hot keys OEM and then i assigned  the values 1000 for cycle start and so on... I have looked at the inputs and there is nothing double.
i can attach a video if you would like.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 01:38:08 PM »
Ok, video would be good but also if you could attach your xml and I will see if I can find an issue in it.
Hood
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2016, 02:37:33 PM »
Hood in the link below you will find the movie ( sorry for the bad quality and shaking) and my settings.
Thanks for your help. YOU ARE AWESOME!!! :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5zyu75x5e756ku1/AADZO8KOkRyX_a6qm7OCSv-pa?dl=0

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2016, 05:32:38 PM »
Ok I looked through your xml and all seems fine.
I will try this out when I get a chance but when that will be I don't know as I am very busy at the moment.

One thing, if you have Ver 066 of Mach I would advise you overwrite it with an older version, maybe 062.
The reason I say that is Ver 066 is known to have problems, whether yours is one or not I have no idea but iot would still, in my opinion, be better to not use 066.

Hood
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2016, 12:56:54 PM »
No i'm not using the 0.66. Which one are you using ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2016, 01:48:35 PM »
I use Ver 062

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2016, 11:11:06 AM »
Ok today I cloned my Chirons' profile and reassigned some buttons so I have one as Stop and the other as GoToZero. I moved away from XYZ Zero by 200 on X and 100 on Y and then pressed the GoToZero button, the Z raised to safe Z then X and Y started to move, I then presed the Stop button and it did exactly that. I did not get any Y vibration like in your video, so not sure what is going on in your setup.

Hood
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2016, 04:01:44 AM »
Okay did not see the replay until today. I have still the same problem. And i talked to cs lab they said send us the complete folder. I did and now no answer for an month.
I checked all the connections but can not find any errors. Now im running out of ideas.
Hood i have another question. If i would change the dc motors for servo. Is it possible to tune the servo controller and motor so good that i get rid of the movement that i have now and than use the feedback from the linear glass scales ? Also the only thing that i have to look for is that the servo drivers have analog speed controller ?

Best regards

Rok
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2016, 12:49:37 PM »
i have a similar mikron WF3 DP with csmio-A,  linear scales, heidenhain EXE602 converters and kollmorgen servos (AKM42 for xy and AKM44 for z) with kollmorgen 603 servo amps and i have similar  problems with the pid tuning. my machine was an older version with 3 dc motors and one amp.
use your machine trapezoidal spindles and gears between spindle and servo or is it a newer version with ball screw spindles?
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,33125.0.html

i think, i change the spindles to an ball screw type an belts.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:56:31 PM by gravie »
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2016, 01:18:32 PM »
woo cant believe there is one more unlucky soul with the same problems than me ;)! Just kidding!
Yes i have ball screws and gears between dc motor and spindle and 3 dc motors and one amp. And i can not get a good tuning mode.  If i can see it correctly
you have also changed the amps ? Did you also change the motors ? I m looking to buy new amps and motors but this is a lot of money.