Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:52 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 suddenly stopped talking to the serial port.Help please  (Read 1881 times)

Ancient Asus PC with LPT1 on the Mobo, been working fine for 2+ years, suddenly re-booted, and my Mach3 no longer works. There are no signals getting to my BoB, checked with a scope, but the port(0x378) tests ok with a test utility from http://lpt-port-test-utility.software.informer.com/download/. No signals can be seen on the  diiagnostic menu (Estop etc)

Can I re-install Mach3 without loosing my liicence?

I've got a new parallel/serial PCI board on order, but I cant quite decide if it's a software or hardware problem

Help

Martin

Offline beefy

•  138 138
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 suddenly stopped talking to the serial port.Help please
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 05:47:17 PM »
The fact you asked about losing your license if you re-install Mach3 tells me you probably haven't got your license file backed up somewhere safe. Your license file is in the main Mach3 directory. I'd copy and paste it to some other locations (including places other than that PC).

Likewise back up your profiles and any custom macros you have.

Then if re-installing Mach3 ever does cause a loss you just paste them back in.

Regarding the card you have coming. It sounds like it's a combined parallel/serial card. I'm sure I heard it recommended somewhere to used a dedicated parallel port card for Mach3, not a mixed one. I repeat though, that's just something I heard.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 05:50:07 PM by beefy »