Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:27:33 AM

Author Topic: Displaying a space between lines in g-code viewing window ?  (Read 2085 times)

Displaying a space between lines in g-code viewing window ?
« on: April 02, 2016, 03:23:58 PM »
In the image below you will see what some g-code looks like in a text editor and what the same file looks like in Mach3's run window.

I would like to know if there is a way to have Mach display the code with a space  between the lines so its shows just like it does in the text file, possible ?

The reason behind this is so i can use custom edits in my post process file to use line numbers only at the beginning of each operation, and later when the program is being run in Mach i can use these line numbers for "Run From Here", just like you would on a "normal" cnc control.

In case image does not display:

Text Editor:
Code: [Select]
(INNER BOX)
(NEED 8, ZERO TOP LEFT CORNER)
(APRIL 2 2016)

(T2  D=0.25 CR=0. - ZMIN=0. - FLAT END MILL)

G90 G94 G91.1 G40 G49 G17
G20
G28 G91 Z0.
G90

N4 (TOP)
S2000 M3
M5

Mach Window:
Code: [Select]
(INNER BOX)
(NEED 8, ZERO TOP LEFT CORNER)
(APRIL 2 2016)
(T2  D=0.25 CR=0. - ZMIN=0. - FLAT END MILL)
G90 G94 G91.1 G40 G49 G17
G20
G28 G91 Z0.
G90
N4 (TOP)
S2000 M3
M5

_
~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~
Re: Displaying a space between lines in g-code viewing window ?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 08:42:35 AM »
Add (____________________________BLANK LINE) on your blank lines to maintain them as lines in MACH3
Re: Displaying a space between lines in g-code viewing window ?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2016, 10:55:06 AM »
Thanks, magicniner: after posting i did just that.
Its a work around, but would be nice to have a blank space... guess its something i will have to get used to (the "clean" spaces are just neater to look at (or maybe im just used to it)).

In the end, i found that the CAM software was passing an empty value to the output function (and that output function is where i added my own line counter) so the line numbers i was coming up with where different then what was being displayed. Adding a len check on the value being passed and only counting if there was really something being passed worked a treat.

Next stage is to copy and print all the Operation numbers and Descriptions at the top of the program as comments , this way it will be easy to see right at the top, then just add the line number of the Operation to "Run From Here" and away we go, no scrolling or scanning, just click and go :-)

_

~ What was once an Opinion, became a Fact, to be later proven Wrong ~