Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:51:00 AM

Author Topic: Neuron.THC Torch Height Control (plasma)  (Read 69777 times)

Re: Neuron.THC Torch Height Control (plasma)
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 10:41:49 AM »
Shad71,
My concern is that my plate marker (air scribe)  is attached to my z axis and it only has about 2 inches of travel, if the neuron is in control of z how does one implement the plate marker since mach will have no idea where the z axis is?
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 01:10:41 PM »
AFAIK Air scribe is controlled pneumatically. You don't need to know where Z is because in pneumatic circuit you will have only 2 positions. Top Up and On The Plate.
Take a look on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPgbngKA0qQ
You will see that you don't have to concern about this
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2015, 08:12:03 AM »
yes that is exactly how my scribe works except my scribe slide is attached to my z axis and the scribe only moves about 2 to 3 inches... i have almost 8 inches of travel on my z axis because i am sometimes cutting on channel or i beam... so mach knowing where the z is can position it close enough to the material that the shorter movement scribe can still reach the plate , as a matter of fact my post has mach probe the surface with the floating torch switch then retracts 1 inch before scribing. It doesn't probe between every scribe , just the first time to locate the material.
New Neuron.THC Torch Height Control
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2016, 02:47:01 PM »
Hi, I want to take attention to our new product.
It is new Full Stand Alone Neuron Torch Height Control (THC) works with any CNC (Mach3, Mach4, Linux EMC2 and other). Controller use discrete I/O interface to CNC and plasma cutter.

More information on our web site http://neuroncnc.com/products/neuronalone

UserManual http://neuroncnc.com/assets/docs/NeuronSimplicityUserManual.pdf

The Neuron.THC Simplicity consists of the following components:
-Control module
-Plasma supply interface PCB (Voltage Divider)
-CNC interface PCB

The Neuron.THC Simplicity comes with the following features:
-Single chip microprocessor based compact control, easy to install almost anywhere
-Digital display and set arc voltage and other parameters, easy to learn and operate
-Works with ALL plasma cutters
-Controls Z axis motor driver directly (Pulse/Dir interace, internal motion controller, software PID control loop)
-30 cut profiles for different metal thicknesses. Quickly switch between profiles and the ability to quick edit them
-Set point voltage range 25 - 250V
-Set Point voltage resolution 0.5V
-Maximum control accuracy +/- 0.25V
-Height control accuracy +/-0.125 mm (.005") using a properly configured Z-axis.
-Works in Inches or Millimeters mode
-Automatic or manual control of the cutting sequence
-Sample voltage mode - THC measures the voltage at the end of the AVC Delay and uses it as a set point for the remainder of the cut
-Automatic Collision Avoidance. This safety feature allows the control to automatically adjust the torch height during a cut to help prevent torch crashes
-THC OFF hardware input for control from CNC to disable automatic control when corners, end of cut, circle of small radius
-Programmable arc voltage limiter Lock Head Down to help prevent torch diving and crashing when crossing a kerf, corners, end of cut
-Programmable arc voltage control loop dynamic (gain) value
-Works with Float Head and Ohmic sensors for IHS simultaneously (availability of ohmic input depend from controller version PCB)
-Shot mode – can use for marking centers of the holes
-Improved Jog - the lifter initially jogs 0.25 mm. After 0.5 second, it begins continuous motion at the IHS Speed. After 1.5 seconds, the lifter increases the speed to the programmed Manual Speed
-Programmable torch retract delay. This future for example can use for disabling plasma power supply before end of cut (few tens of milliseconds) without motion stop for reducing pierce divots
-Built in Testing mode of the cutting sequence
-Integrated diagnostic system informs the operator about errors that occurred
-All I/O interface (include arc voltage) are isolated and simple wiring (Cat5e cables and RJ45 connectors)

Signals from/to plasma source to control module interface:
-Arc voltage: 0-12.5V (20:1 input) or 0-350 V Raw arc voltage input
-Start plasma (Normal Open Relay Contact 100 mA protected) output
-ArcOK (Transfer) input

Signals from/to CNC to control module:
-Cycle Start (5V DC for activation, polarity is not important) input
-THC OFF (5V DC for activation, polarity is not important) input
-Motion (Normal Open relay contacts 100 mA protected) output
--Andrew