Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:47:37 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 carving backwards  (Read 3323 times)

Mach4 carving backwards
« on: March 29, 2016, 07:02:26 AM »
Hello. I'm new to MACH4 and I am having a problem with it carving backwards.  For example If I try to V-carve the word "THE" it is carved on the board as "EHT". so what I have to do is flip the text in aspire to say "EHT" for it to carve corretly.  Any suggestions??

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach4 carving backwards
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:21 AM »
Reverse the backward axis in Mach4. If it cut's backwards, then your machine is setup backwards.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
Reverse the backward axis in Mach4. If it cut's backwards, then your machine is setup backwards.

What do you mean by reverse the backwards axis? Can you explane a little more
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:14:19 AM »
Is the "E" letter carved backwards (i.e. open to the left)?  Or it it facing the correct direction but the word has the letters in the opposite order?

Do all of your axes jog the proper direction (i.e. pressing X+ moves the X axis in the positive direction, etc.)?

To reverse a motor, go to the Mach4 "Configure" menu and select "Mach...".  Then click on the "Motors" tab.  Click on the motor name in the upper right to display the tuning parameters below (which motor depends on how you have them mapped to X,Y,Z).  There is a checkbox for "Reversed".  Change that and then click on "Apply".

Bob
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 10:01:35 PM »
My X axis is made up of two motors slaved in Mach4. Motor 0 and Motor 3. I set both of these motors to reverse and restarted MAch4 and nothing happened they moved in the same direction as before.

Any suggestions?

Is the "E" letter carved backwards (i.e. open to the left)?  Or it it facing the correct direction but the word has the letters in the opposite order?

Do all of your axes jog the proper direction (i.e. pressing X+ moves the X axis in the positive direction, etc.)?

To reverse a motor, go to the Mach4 "Configure" menu and select "Mach...".  Then click on the "Motors" tab.  Click on the motor name in the upper right to display the tuning parameters below (which motor depends on how you have them mapped to X,Y,Z).  There is a checkbox for "Reversed".  Change that and then click on "Apply".

Bob
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 10:21:07 PM »
My X axis is made up of two motors slaved in Mach4. Motor 0 and Motor 3. I set both of these motors to reverse and restarted MAch4 and nothing happened they moved in the same direction as before.
Then my guess is that you are not using a PMDX-SmartBOB as your motion device (EDIT: or you are but something is wrong) :)  [EDIT If you are not using a PMDX device...] Look in your motion device's plugin configuration and see if there are settings for motor direction there.  Go to the Mach4 "Configure" menu and select "Plugins..." and then click on the name of your motion device (or on older versions of Mach4, click on the "Configure" button next to your motion device).

If you tell us which motion device you have (for example, Darwin parallel port, Ethernet SmoothStepper, PoKeys, etc.), someone here might chime in with specific suggestions.  And while you're at it, which version of Mach4 and which plug-in version you are running.

Bob
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:29:18 PM by bob_at_pmdx »