Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:59:13 AM

Author Topic: Threading reboot  (Read 5159 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Threading reboot
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 08:24:31 PM »
FWIW,

You may want to consider adding a dual PP card to your computer as that will give you additional inputs. I use a Rosewell card ( 403? not sure on the card number....only a few bucks). You can then just independently wire the sensor and have the input go to the second port. Later on you may want an input for probing or whatever and you'll have them available.

RICH
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 09:01:27 PM »
Wire from spindle sensor goes to pin 13 on parallel port.  In Pins & Ports, index is enabled, set to port 1, pin 13, active low X, emulated X

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 09:19:51 PM »
- Use spindle feedback in sync mode should be checked in Spindle setup
- Ok to also check spindle speed averaging

- make sure the index is enabled and uncheck emulated, may want to and try active low for the index for the input signal. Pin 10-13 and 15 are inputs to Mach thus 13 should be ok.
- Timing should not be enabled

- No Turn Diagnostics should be enabled in plug in control

- OH, BTW, need to turn on the spindle in lathe  to have RPM show......

RICH
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 10:00:33 PM »
Rich: Thanks for the suggestions.

1.  Yes, spindle feedback was checked.
2.  Checked spindle speed averaging.  This made no difference.  Spindle speed readout was as erratic as before.
3.  Ports & Pins, Index. Checked Active Low.  This made no difference.  Spindle speed readout was as erratic as before.
4.  Plug in control.  Nothing is checked but I did get a picture of myself.
5.  Yes, I have M3 in my setup lines.

I am amazed that nothing changed, especially when putting on spindle speed averaging.

I take it from your suggestions that you feel this is a Mach3 issue and not a hardware issue?

Thanks.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2016, 05:20:59 AM »
I take it from your suggestions that you feel this is a Mach3 issue and not a hardware issue?

Not really, just need to be sure the configuration is correct for using  the index and as said, don't know about V 066.

If you turn the spindle by hand does the index light come on, stay on, turn on and off as you slowly rotate the spindle?

RICH
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 03:23:57 PM »
Yes light on the sensor goes on as spindle rotates and seems to be regular and not fluctuate like the numbers in Mach3.  I have tried changing every setting I can think of.  None make any difference.  Makes me wonder why there are so many settings when most of them seem to do nothing.

So now I will take a break from this most annoying problem.  When I figure out how to do it I will try version .62

Thanks for your efforts.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 07:03:34 PM »
I am amazed that nothing changed, especially when putting on spindle speed averaging.

Spindle speed average has to do with what is considered am average rpm during a thread pass and is used to refine the next pass, thus  nothing as you thought.

Personally I think it's your sensor, and try 062 as suggested. If it was a slotted disc I would recommend you widen the slot.

My thoughts for they are worth,

RICH