Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:22:03 PM

Author Topic: Z Zero Offset for Touch Plate  (Read 1820 times)

Z Zero Offset for Touch Plate
« on: March 15, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
I am looking to adding a touch plate for Z Zero.  Perhaps just one that lights up when the bit touches the metal and then having say .125" away from actual Z zero height.  How do I offset that .125" so that Mach3 accounts for it and goes to actual surfae Zero?

Thanks for any help,

I have looked around but I am getting a bit lost.  If there is an easy answer, thread or video it would be appreciated.

Also, if any one could recommended a simple to use/make/purchase touchplate  one it would be great.  I am looking to keep away from wiring the BOB.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Z Zero Offset for Touch Plate
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 03:29:29 AM »
The .125 would go in the Gauge Block Height DRO on the Offsets screen in Mach3, to make a manual LED touch plate all you need is a simple circuit of battery, LED, clip, and an insulated plate like some circuit PCB.

The clip would go to the tool, then the LED then battery then PCB - touch the tool to the pcb and the circuit is complete and LED will light up. It will not be as accurate as connecting to the BOB though, which is usually very simple if you have a spare input.