Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:31:32 PM

Author Topic: Nothing seems to work!  (Read 8048 times)

Re: Nothing seems to work!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 11:10:25 AM »
one other thing I have noticed that with add in LPT cards.  Sometimes you have to chase the address down.  You have 4 I/O ranges for that card.  I have had to try each IO range address one at a time until I found the one that activated the card. 
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 04:41:23 AM »
Many,many thanks guys, all working OK now EXCEPT the X axis is reversed?  Is there a setting that needs changing here?

Dave

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 05:06:38 AM »
Config. / Ports & Pins / Motor Outputs  -   change Direction Low Active state for your X axis.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 07:29:50 AM »
Thanks Tweakie, I've got the machine running and using one of the supplied G Codes it's cutting but when I start the program (with all axis set to zero and the tip of the bit grazing the workpiece) instead of plunging it lifts the tool away from the workpiece!   I've had to reverse the Z axis to make the code work correctly but now the buttons on the Jog cntrol and page up/down are back to front!
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »
on the jog control screen.  The left button should make the spindle go left, right button it goes right.  for X
up button the spindle goes to the back of the machine or away from you in y.  down button it comes to the front of the machine.

Z up it should go up...... Z down it should go down.  If any of these are backwards while jogging, you can change the DIR low active, or go to CONFIG Homing/Limits and change the setting in the reversed column for that axis.

You have to have these right first before a G code can run as expected. 
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 10:04:37 AM »
That's the point, I've reversed the Z axis to make the bit plunge and start cutting when using the G code supplied and it works OK but in order to do that it's made the buttons on the jog interface and the PC keyboard back to front.  If I reset the axis to make the buttons work correctly then the cutting bit lifts away from the workpiece instead of plunging to make the cut required.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 10:31:53 AM »
Ahh, the joys of the Chinese machine controller. Sounds like they have one of the motor windings reversed.

Now I don’t know how best to describe this to you but your Z axis stepper motor has two windings A-A1 and B-B1 it doesn’t matter which (A or B) but you need to swap the connection of say A-A1 to make them A1-A. This will make the motor rotate in the opposite direction for the original command (do not swap an A with a B).

Does that make sense ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 10:46:24 AM »
Mmmm, not sure which wire is which though!  The pins are marked 1v  2  3  4 and they are Yellow  Blue  Green  Red in order

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,194 9,194
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 11:06:03 AM »
If you have a continuity checker (multimeter) you should be able to identify the two different windings. Choose just one winding and swap the pins it is connected to.
Perhaps find a competent electrician and get him to do it for you ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 11:16:35 AM »
I have one right here!  So basically we have 2 pairs of wires coming from the motor to the connector, and all we need to do is identify a pair then switch the wires over in the connector so when connected to the other half of the loom the wires will be mismatched on one pair only?