Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:53:48 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 with ESS Slave Motor running slower than primary  (Read 1977 times)

Mach4 with ESS Slave Motor running slower than primary
« on: February 27, 2016, 11:15:37 AM »
I am experiencing the issue that seems to be quite accurately described here, except in my case it is Mach4:  http://www.cnczone.com/forums/mach-software-artsoft-software-/241440-slave-axis-slow.html

Put simply, on a Y axis with two motors, one motor moves faster than the other, even though both are configured with the exact same steps per, acceleration, etc values in axis tuning.  Mechanically, both sides are 100% identical in configuration.

While I am not 100% sure that the resolution described in this thread is what I need to do - that being to adjust the frequency settings for each axis, the Mach4 ESS plugin does not offer nearly the configuration options as the Mach3 plugin and those settings do not seem to exist, so I can't even review them to see if they are set properly.  Perhaps one of the other settings in the plugin might resolve the issue (such as misalignment numbers), but I cannot find any documentation anywhere describing these values or what they do.  They may have nothing to do with it...

Is it possible to see and/or review the frequency settings when using Mach4 or otherwise correct this issue?   Maybe it's a different root cause in Mach4 or with the ESS and someone can tell me what the resolution might be?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 with ESS Slave Motor running slower than primary
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 03:03:42 AM »
Perhaps, before getting in too deep, I think you need to establish that each motor (axis and slaved axis) is moving the correct distance. Disconnect the two motors from each other and check each’s movement distance (using the MDI panel) – do they each move an identical distance ??
It may be possible that the microstepping of each axis (master & slave) is set differently.

Tweakie.
PEACE