Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:12:10 AM

Author Topic: Button scripts and .set files question  (Read 5793 times)

Button scripts and .set files question
« on: February 18, 2016, 02:37:53 AM »
Hello,

I have a screen set for Mach3 which contains several different button scripts.  I understand from a previous post that the scripts are stored in the .set file and in fact I can see them if I open the .set file with a text editor (although the non-text content makes this pretty messy).  I was wondering if there is a tool available or perhaps a way to use Machscreen to extract all of the scripts from a given .set file.  I am interested in understanding how the scripts work but it is inconvenient to click on each button and open in the Machscreen script editing tools as I am not certain which buttons have scripts and which do not.  I have copied and pasted from the editor window but I was hoping for something more automated.

Thank you,

Steve
Re: Button scripts and .set files question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 06:00:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

if you are using MachScreen you can only view one buttom script at a time. You can do that by selecting the button and double clicking the Value column on the Execute line. If the scripts are short you can view them using menu View -> Overview. The scripts are shown in G-Code column.

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:14:59 AM »
Hi Steve,
  I just view the scripts in the finished running screen by  selecting Operator / Edit Button Scripts.
At one time I copied all script buttons to a new page in the screen set just for quicker access to compare, learn and compose new scripts.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 08:06:06 AM »
Hi Steve,
Similar to what Overloaded did  I also labeled the referred to LEDS / DRO's so I had an associated visual
for what they were referring to as that gives a more complete picture.

Now a friend exports all the screen info and  imports the "manipulated" info into  CAD. Rearranges
for how he wants the screen page to look and then exports that back into the screen.
So he has a quick visual of each page with all the DRO, LED, Button basic info in CAD.

RICH

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 01:32:54 PM »
Thanks to all for the quick replies.  I have "solved" my problem by opening the screens in Mach 3 and using the "operator -> edit button scripts" and saving each script to a unique file.  I tried to extract using Machscreen in the "overview" mode but most of the scripts were far too long for this.  Perhaps some functionality for this could/should be considered for a future release of the Machscreen toolset.

Steve