Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:10:50 PM

Author Topic: Problems with communication  (Read 6478 times)

Problems with communication
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:37:44 AM »
Hi,

Ive problems with communication of ModIO and Mach3.
If I read the Board with the Serial Control Monitor (57600 Bd) anything is ok, I got the correct data
of connected devices without any error (Status: no error).
The communicaton LEDs are flashing fine an without any timeouts.

But in the Mach3 ModBus Status & Control Window I got every second an timeout error...

What could be the problem, (Ive tested it on several PCs with same results..)

Best regards,

Wolfram

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with communication
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 02:40:24 AM »
Hi Wolfram,

I am having a similar problem, Art, John P and Peter H have been involved and as yet can find no reason as to why this is happening.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 06:28:40 AM »
Hi Graham,

thanks for the hint, Ive tested several Konfigurations the whole night, but no effect  :-[

Whats about the Plugin for Mach3, is it available and if, where can it be downloaded?

Thanks,

Wolfram

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »
Hi Wolfram,

You need to talk to John Prentice, he is the guy that has developed it.  Its still in beta form at the moment but I have had some good results with it.  I still have problems with the comms though.

Hopefully I/We will get it sorted in time.

Graham.

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 03:28:23 PM »
Hi guys, I am having a similar problem with my MOD-IO. The whole MOD I/O is new to me but finding it frustrating... I have the Com Port COnrfigured correctly, and The MOD-IO is in its defaulty config, I have tried it on both my COM1 and COM2 ports and I get a flashing RED FAULt LED... UNLESS I change my timeout to something other than 0 which then clears the flashing FAULT LED and I now have flashing Red and GRN transmit and Receive lights.. BUT I still get a Receive Timeout....Any Suggestions/Ideas? I cannot access the MOD IO config it says no MODIO Present... I am using a serial cable that I have used many times for many things and it has never shown any problems.... I upped the timeout to 50 ms and I can get the config screen up. I cannot get any of the outputs to fire tho....

Mike

Online Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 04:01:13 AM »
Have you had a look in yahoo groups, there is a modio group there and it may be they can give you more details, peter homann frequents it too.

Graham.

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 11:53:41 AM »
Thanks Graham. I will try there. I have looked at the yahoo groups in the past but I find the format and navigation of them rather confusing.

Mike