Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:41:40 PM

Author Topic: SIGNALS REALLY MIXED UP??? Please help  (Read 7327 times)

Re: SIGNALS REALLY MIXED UP??? Please help
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 03:27:59 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. For some reason, I can't find pulse width referring to anything but spindle setup. In Config, Motor Tuning, all I see is the Motor Movement Profile window having to do mostly with acceleration for the axis motors. Below to the right, there is a box for Step Pulse and Dir Pulse, both set at one as the docs recommend. They go from 1 to 5 and 0 to 5 respectively. Where exactly do I set pulse width?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:33:21 PM »
Below to the right, there is a box for Step Pulse and Dir Pulse, both set at one as the docs recommend. They go from 1 to 5 and 0 to 5 respectively. Where exactly do I set pulse width?

That is the pulse width you are talking about, it can be set as high as 15 if I recall .
Hood
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 10:29:53 AM »
I am having the same problem with my Z axis it was running just fine for the first month that I had it but today during a cut the z axis motor started going crazy. I am pretty new to this this so please tell me where to change the pulse width? In the motor tuning settings there is a Step pulse and a dir. pulse where do I put the 15? in the step pulse or the dir. pulse? Also how do you enable Sherline mode? Thanks guys.