Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:26:43 AM

Author Topic: Can I "level" my work piece in software?  (Read 5923 times)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Can I "level" my work piece in software?
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 03:23:40 PM »
Other controllers allow you to Probe the surface and create a matrix(table) for the controller to use to adjust the Z on the fly to match the surface profile of teh PCB or surface.

(;-) TP

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 03:33:37 PM »
Well, yes, a bulge in the middle is actually 4th order: 2nd order in X and 2nd order in Y. So I modelled that and tested the Solver on it. Failure.

It was an interesting exercise all the same. The Solver was designed for business use, as far as I can see, which means it is focused mainly on linear models. It works quite well (very well) for those. I know that a full conjugate gradients package can handle 4th order easily enough because I have written such a package in the distant past, and used it very successfully.

Unfortunately the Mach Formulas feature will not handle the problem anyhow, as it is a very half-hearted implementation. It can handle G0 and G1 to a limited degree, but not G2/G3. Ah well, the real solution is to build a proper vacuum table - which is what my wife says I should have done in the first place.

cheers
Roger

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 05:11:44 PM »
Well if you fortunate enough to get the go ahead from the wife then i would get right on it.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas

Offline rcaffin

•  1,052 1,052
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 05:23:21 PM »
Drawing and programming right now.

> Theres always time for a choccy biccy
Too Right!

Cheers
Roger