Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 01:49:47 PM

Author Topic: Need Help figuring out PROGRAM/MACHINE/PART X&Z SET ZERO ?  (Read 6318 times)

Re: Need Help figuring out PROGRAM/MACHINE/PART X&Z SET ZERO ?
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 10:10:13 PM »
Thank you Rich. I am going to try it out tomorrow. I got the OD ARC down! Thanks for the input.  Can you confirm something for me. So what I gather is if your just using the master tool , PART/PROGRAM X&Z is always set ZERO right in the middle of the very end of the stock?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help figuring out PROGRAM/MACHINE/PART X&Z SET ZERO ?
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2016, 12:21:29 AM »
Words and definitions can be be a real PITA when communicating.So sorry for for my ranting
on.

Master Tool definition:
A tool which acts as reference by which all other tool offsets can relate to the master tool.
My master tool is always T0101 and has no offsets. I don't use #0 as the master tool.

SO

If "I" was the "Controller (ie; MAch 3) i could say that all tools relate to the master tool but all tools also relate to each other once they are defined to me.

The master tool can be any kind of tool, some use a tool that can do a facing and turning operation.

My master tool is a piece of ground carbide which can be used to touch off to 4 different surfaces and is never used to actualy machine something.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The gcode provides instructions to the controller to machnine a part, and should in my opinion, always be based / have it's origin based on the center and very end of the part profile. X=0 is always the center of the lathe and  Z=0 is the end of the profile.

"PROGRAM" is used manny times to mean the gcode file used for machining.

Now there are "Program Coordinates and "Part Coordinates". Both are defined in the PDF file posted.

RICH