Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 06:26:44 PM

Author Topic: Taig Mill, LazyCam, and CADX11 ROCK!  (Read 5361 times)

Taig Mill, LazyCam, and CADX11 ROCK!
« on: May 13, 2007, 06:00:12 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached are pics of the forward controls I made for the Harley.  The finished parts are layed out for your inspection.  The larger pieces pushed the limits of my small mill.  The stainless steel shafts and large round spacers were made on a friends lathe.  Everything was fabricated except the chrome peg mounts.  These are the first pieces of anything like this I have ever attempted.  Took a while.  Had to learn how to operate a lathe, teach myself how to run the cnc mill, and design with the CADX!! software.

Mach3 and LazyCam were invuable during this process.  CADX11, a free cad program, enabled the artistically challanged design deficient to build something workable.

The design of the after-market forward controls I have been using were (imho) clunky and my goals were to maintain the comfort and funtionality while improving the asthetics.

Prior to taking some basic lathe and mill (not cnc) classes I have never worked with machinist tools or designed anything.  This 67 year old has found the experience to be extremely satisfying.  Guess old dogs can learn a few new tricks

Bob @ BobsShop
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 02:35:27 AM by Graham Waterworth »

ynneb

Re: Taig Mill, LazyCam, and CADX11 ROCK!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
These pictures while good, are too big. Could you please crop them down and show less of the road etc.
I know you love your bike :)
www.irfanview.com
Thanks.

Re: Taig Mill, LazyCam, and CADX11 ROCK!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:44:39 AM »
Thanks, Benny.  First attempt at posting pics on the forum.  Will do a better job next time.  You would not believe the frustration I experienced while trying to upload them.  New tricks, old dogs, etc.

Bob @ BobsShop.  Too pretty a day here.  Going riding instead of making chips.