Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 05:04:06 AM

Author Topic: Help Can't get steppers to move!!!  (Read 24214 times)

Re: Help Can't get steppers to move!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 03:02:20 PM »
Yes I did notice this driver has the option to set half current while stationary. This Isn't the issue I tried full and half modes, Driver current set to 3.2, Steppers handle 3.5 micro step is just at 400 for the moment. Everything is new fyi, all from StepperOnline

When it locks on start up it's not movable, Then the second I hit jog it frees up to the half ass locked mode(no where near half amperage). But the thing is I cant get it to re lock at all. Even if stationary current is set to full, once I hit jog I cant ever get it to fully re-lock or fully enable unless I turn 36v supply off and on again. My pulse signal is good though If you look at attached picture, sig is 5.02v. Its acting like the second the driver gets a pulse It disengages and wont fully re-engage unless I turn it off and on again. ahhhh I so freaking lost,this is the simplest circuit I just dont get it!!!!!!!! ??? ???
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:05:03 PM by nissan20det »
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 03:20:49 PM »
One thing, you have the Estop on pin 10 along with x & y limits. Needs to be on its own pin.
But that may not be your current problem.

Are you sure the motor leads are connected to the drives properly ?
You can check the leads with a vom to identify the coils.
Maybe ? ?

Russ
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 03:29:11 PM »
Never seen the RnRMotion controller before.
Also, you have a pirated version with an invalid license.

You MUST correct that FIRST.

Regards,
Russ
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 04:06:46 PM »
Ya that RNR motion controller is a usb one made by SainSmart for only $50. thats who I got that version from.. I also have one from stepper online with a license, Should I install that and try it?

and Im sure there right ... red,blue,green,black is the order

and ********* if that's a pirated version someone should report there ass!!!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:17:41 PM by nissan20det »
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 06:22:06 PM »
tried version that came from stepper online. still exact same.... I even tried my lab top as well...signals are all the same and motor unlocks the second jog is hit
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2016, 08:31:32 PM »
Ahh I'm freaking screwed I swear!!!! I just can figure it out!

Did meter test and looked at data sheet. Order is A+blackA-greenB+redB-blue

I also noticed after I hit jog and they half ass lock, the motors have a high pitch ring to them.

Bad drivers maybe.. Weird but that means all three???
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 08:33:50 PM by nissan20det »
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 03:26:52 AM »
Cool a moderator emailed me so hopefully they find these guys who Pirated this and sue the crap out of them!!!hahaha

Offline rcaffin

•  1,054 1,054
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 03:38:02 AM »
AAAHHHH ???????

Just what is the first pic meant to show?????

Cheers
Roger
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 04:14:39 AM »
thats a sideways picture of the pulse output signal from breakout board on a scope. in that pic is a 5v 2us sig square wave. I didnt zoom that mach so you could see multiple signals.

SO I had another thought. am I getting stepper stall? I read if the internal optocoupler pulles to much current it will stall the stepper. The optos inside are 6N137's, they pull 20-50ma. Now on a hunch I pulled the cover off one of the drivers and tested the signal. from breakout I get a 5v square wave then theres an internal 220Ohm resistor which makes my wave drop to 1v sawtooth and then after the 6N137 Its all over the freaking place, Like just noise really.

Any thought on this? What is stepper stall? do you have to reset drivers after a stall?

also how am I suppose to know what A+ and B+ are from the four wires?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 04:19:41 AM by nissan20det »
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 04:21:00 AM »
Heres the motors datasheet