Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:19:28 PM

Author Topic: Probe obstructed error  (Read 3523 times)

Probe obstructed error
« on: January 02, 2016, 08:35:52 AM »
Hi. First of all, two excuses from me: my english is not very good, and i`m absolute newbie in CNC world. I started to build my router nearly year ago, and it is not fully finished yet.
Anyway, i moved from GRBL to Csmio/m and brought Mach4 license.  Had a christmas gift from boss - digital probe. Spent all my holidays trying to get it working, but unsuccessful.
When i open probing tab, and click any of buttons, i`m getting "probe obstructed" error. There is nothing about this on Google. I would like to be able to find material edges and if i could sort out how to get a cloud from some parts, i will be extremely happy. Thank you for reading this, happy to see any replies.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
Re: Probe obstructed error
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 08:40:49 AM »
The make of the probe etc would help out quite a lot.

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »
Sorry, i have http://www.kurokesu.com/shop/TPA1 this probe. Tried it on Mach3 with ProbeIt! and worked fine.

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »
Looks like you need to flip your input signal as mach4 is seeing the signal as active, try ticking the active low box on the signal input, also verify on the diagnostic screen that the probe is lighting the led.

DazTheGas
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »
I have tried that as well. Then i have "No contact With probe". I had it working on Mach3, but my router never moves in Mach4, all i can get is "probe obstructed" or "no contact with with probe".

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 09:41:29 AM »
You need to be using the diagnostic leds to check that the probe is working first and setup correct before trying to use the probing screen.

DazTheGas
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »
The probe is working in diagnostics tab, led is turning on and off, whem touching with finger. Is there anything specific to set up except settings tab?

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »
If you are seeing the switching on the led then it is working, other things to check is that you have filled in the settings correct on the settings tab of the probing screen.

DazTheGas
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 08:02:05 PM »
I suggest you read through the source code of Mach4Hobby\Modules\mcProbing.lua

The probing utility could be better documented and in some situations you will get these errors. Note that if you read the function Probing.CheckProbe() you will see that the "ERROR: No contact with probe" is not actually an error but an information.

Also, you dont need to configure AT ALL the Probing screen to use the G31 feature. Those two are entirely separated.