Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 06:42:26 PM

Author Topic: LCam pro turn problem  (Read 9914 times)

Re: LCam pro turn problem
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 10:55:49 AM »
Hi Chip
No i didn't try it when i pulled the file into Mach it had a funny loop in the profile i will try and make a copy of the window and post it on the web.

Dennis
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 11:46:36 AM »
Mr. Art and Mr. Brian
how are we doing on fixing the lathe version of lazy cam as it still dosen't post a profile correctly selecting inside or outside.
cut's.

rg's Dennis
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 08:36:49 AM »
We will start on Lathe as soon as we have Mill and plasma done... 90% of the users use Mill and Plasma but we think that with Lcam doing good lathe code that more people will start to buildup CNC lathes :)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »
Brian
 Thanks for your reply, but several months ago before i purchase the lic for Mach and Lcam you said it would be about a month and both Mach and Lcam would be setup for the lathe, i know there are other lathe user out there needing the software if you could even give us some help with the program i sure it would be appreciated.
 I have been working with Chip and he know's the problems i have been having, one prblem i have found is that a move from the jog screen dose not correspond correctly with the actual program move or a move from the MIDI line i have had to recalibrate my machine due to this in the motor tuning.
I know you can give us all work around's but it sure would be great to have the program's work correctly.
Rg's
Dennis
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »
Brian & Art
I was on the phone with Rihno support, Mc neal and associates asking about a post for Mach when the tech stated that they offer a free tool box for software developer's thought maybe you might be interested.

Rg's
Dennis
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007, 12:36:33 PM »
It would be cool if we had then time to spend making there software work with Lcam but we just don't have the time to do that ;(  There are to many cool things to do and no time to do them.

Thanks for then info (good to know things like that! )

Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007, 10:20:40 AM »
Brian
Thanks for looking Rhino is so easy to use 2 hands can only work so fast.

Dennis

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2007, 01:13:39 PM »
Hi Brian,

When you get around to the lathe portion of LCam, you might take a look at Stan's CutViewerTurn for ideas on how to handle tool tip clearances. The Tool Table parameters allow quite precise definitions of tool shape and angle... including the reference point on the tool tip using the number system shown in our Yahoo Group's File section as "Tool tip codes.bmp" and "ToolTips.GIF". The CutViewerTurn Help File has a detailed explanation of tool geometry.

I guess I'm one of your ten-percenters. I have a CNC Lathe, and am looking forward to LCam Turn capability. I have DesckCNC for my mill CAM to get by until LCam Mill matures, but have been limited to Mach3 Turn Wizards and hand coding for my lathe profiles so far. Tool clearance has been the major issue, but my CutViewerTurn has been a real help in sorting out the code before trying to make chips.

Paul, Central OR
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2007, 01:19:33 PM »
I think if you have a look at the tooltips.bmp you will see that I posted that a very long time ago ;)

WE will see what we can do
thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2007, 02:58:38 PM »
Hi Brian,

It looks like you got snookered by the big guy! That file (Tool tip codes.bmp) has "artfenerty" as the contributor.  :P

"ToolTips.GIF" has "lcdpublishing" as contributor.

You, on the other hand, have made contributions far beyond my capability to count... even if I take my clothes off!  (old gag from the "Golden Girls") ;D

Anyway... I was just trying to give you an early nudge before too much code was locked in.

Paul, Central OR