General CNC Chat > Show"N"Tell ( Your Machines)

The CNC router that ate the family room

(1/3) > >>

lab auto man:
Here are some picture of the CNC router that I constructed.  Like my small routers I posted before I use a lot used biomedical research equipment.  All the T-slot aluminum and the white .5 inch plate aluminum came from an old Q-bot. The linear rails came from 3 Sagian 3 meter  robotic arm rails and the Z axis from a Sagian Mutiipet. The rack n pinion drive systems came from CNC router parts.  The electronics are a USB smooth stepper driving a PMDX-126 and the power supply is also from PMDX.com   The stepper drivers are Geckos.   I do have more work to do.  I want to add a tool touch plate and a rotary axis at the one end and dust collection system.
Regards,
Todd

Tweakie.CNC:
Nice work Todd.

If you keep building them bigger and bigger you may have to consider moving house  ;D

Tweakie.

lab auto man:
Thanks Tweekie.

I will attach some pictures of items I have made with this router.

bwprice100:
Great stuff. :)

lab auto man:
Hi,
I am adding a fourth axis.  It will be parallel to the Y axis,  so I will be wrapping the X axis around it.  Should it be the A  or the B  or does it matter?  Right now I use the A axis as a slave on my X axis but I can change that to the B or C if needed.  It looks like the post processor in V Carve uses the A axis for a rotary axis.  Thanks for your help.
Todd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version