Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:20:46 PM

Author Topic: limit swith vibration  (Read 2217 times)

limit swith vibration
« on: December 26, 2015, 11:19:04 AM »
My limit switch's work as they are supposed to , my problem is when my spindle runs into a knot or heavy cutting ( wood router machine ) the vibration trips a limit switch . Usually the Z or Y switch , my question is , can I have the homing switched back off more , so they are not on the brink of tripping , and thus not trip when there is a little more vibration.

Thanks

Ed

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: limit swith vibration
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
I think you really need to replace the switches with a type that is more robust (Honeywell perhaps ?).
Although it may mean a fair bit of work, replacing the mechanical switches with solid state proximity switches may something worth considering.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »
Switches that are used to establish a 0 position must open with a very small amount of travel, otherwise your 0 will be all over the place. Limit switches are often snap action so they don't vibrate open, but they won't be accurate.  So a switch that is accurate and vibration resistant is a bit tough to do.  Do you actually home your machine or just pick up coordinates for a part and go?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 05:44:44 AM »
Switches that are used to establish a 0 position must open with a very small amount of travel

I always believed that the repeatability of the switching point was the important bit and not the travel but I'm always keen to learn, can only short travel switches provide repeatability? 
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 03:10:11 PM »
You are of course right, but it is really difficult to build a switch with a long travel and accurate activation point. So they tend towards being one or the other, not both.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »
Hi  Ed,  I had a similar issue but it was not vibration directly causing a switch to trigger - it was vibration setting up noise in the line that was picked up by Mach.  I adjusted the sensitivity in Mach.  I set debounce interval to 1000 and Index debounce to 4.  Solved it.  Maybe you have the same?