Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:03:01 PM

Author Topic: Limit switch issues  (Read 38569 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Limit switch issues
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »
BTW: saying "your wrong" doesn't explain why you're so defensive about mach 3

Plenty of Mach3 users like it the way it is, and wouldn't want it to be what you think it should be.
It's really a pretty simple program to setup and get working, if you spend a little time learning about how it works, and interfaces with your machine.

When someone says they've spent 6 years trying to get it to work, they either didn't try very hard, or are not cut out for Mach3.
When you say you have 15 years of CNC experience, something doesn't add up.

If it was so easy to use, and so simple, why are there over 150,000 posts and 34,000 threads loaded with thousands of people having issues?
Most of the longer threads here have nothing to do with peoples problems.
Many posts are questions on how to customize Mach3, whether is be writing macros, making custom screens, custom built electronics,.....
Many of the "problem" posts are simple questions that are easily answered if you read the manual.
Like, where is the "recent files" list.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline bfgstew

•  91 91
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2015, 10:06:47 AM »
Stop comparing Mach3 to anything else please. We are trying to help. Understand that Mach3 is made to be user configerable as it can be used for hundreds of different ways depending on the end user it is not plug and play. You are tying yourself and us in knots with this comparison issue. Read and understand the basic set up manual provided and start from there, forget about plug and play, mach3 is easy once you understand how it works and to set it up. All you will end up with is no help and a machine that is going to cost you a shed load of dollars to work how you want it to, mach3 will do it for you if you let it and us help you.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2015, 10:07:31 AM »
We already went over this. The limit switch will stop your machine.
Every hobby control functions in exactly the same way.
If you want a control to do what you want, they are readily available for $10,000 and up.
Gerry

2010 Screenset

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

btw, I spend $4000 CDN on my system....so, according to you, I should expect years of headaches with it because I didn't spent what, $20,000?

You got ripped off buy a machine builder, and this has nothing to do with Mach3. You're complaints should be to the person that took your $4000 and sent you a machine not configured properly.

Umm I answered that question in a previous post about the switches being enabled... so here you are giving me flack and I answered the question...

I went back through the thread, and all I see was that the limit LED's light up.

Can you post your .xml file so that we can see how your machine is configured?
Gerry

2010 Screenset

« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2015, 10:17:48 AM »
We already went over this. The limit switch will stop your machine.
Every hobby control functions in exactly the same way.
If you want a control to do what you want, they are readily available for $10,000 and up.

And the manual says otherwise....the limit switch will stop the machine, but not stop you from pushing the wrong arrow key and causing damage to your machine....it says so right in the manual....
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2015, 10:19:07 AM »

btw, I spend $4000 CDN on my system....so, according to you, I should expect years of headaches with it because I didn't spent what, $20,000?

You got ripped off buy a machine builder, and this has nothing to do with Mach3. You're complaints should be to the person that took your $4000 and sent you a machine not configured properly.

Umm I answered that question in a previous post about the switches being enabled... so here you are giving me flack and I answered the question...

I went back through the thread, and all I see was that the limit LED's light up.

Can you post your .xml file so that we can see how your machine is configured?

doesn't that mean that they are enabled? specially when I do a check config and it shows no errors  in limit switches?

BTW: how do I post the .xml files?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2015, 11:08:01 AM »
OK from what I see that you posted you have Zero CNC experience and Zero PC building experience and Zero PC usage experience to speak of. IF you had all that experience it would have taken you about 15 minutes to figure Mach3 out. 

You are simply here to get  the attention that you crave but are not getting elsewhere in life.

« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2015, 11:10:06 AM »

At the time I knew how to operate a CNC, but not how to build one, or very much on how they actually operate. I've since learned a tremendous amount.

::)  Your posts illustrate to the contrary.  :)

If your comprehension of the available docs and forum posts haven't helped you to progress beyond this point, perhaps Gerry is correct in suggesting that Mach3 might not be suitable for you ... or, you for it.

Also, Mach3 is what it is and will never be revisited, updated or officially supported. It will not be changed to suit your way of reasoning. You need to keep that in mind too.
Good luck.

Kind regards,
Russ
 :)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
Hi Mike,

In an attempt to resolve your limit switch issue can you please post your .xml file so that we can check your machine configuration.

Your .xml file is located in the Mach3 folder and is named <your profile>.xml (Typically Mach3Mill.xml). You will need to rename it to something unique (ie. Muskoka.xml) to be able to post it (using the Additional Options tab).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline bfgstew

•  91 91
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2015, 12:16:43 PM »
And the manual says otherwise....the limit switch will stop the machine, but not stop you from pushing the wrong arrow key and causing damage to your machine....it says so right in the manual....

If you stop a car using the brakes to avoid hitting a wall, there is nothing to stop you from chosing reverse and smashing into the wall, unless your stupid.