Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:45:39 PM

Author Topic: Limit switch issues  (Read 38516 times)

Re: Limit switch issues
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2015, 09:21:32 AM »
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2015, 09:22:42 AM »
Just found that out, sorry about that. Google - Mach3 tutorial PDF, should be the second one down.

second one down is the entire manual....:-(

Offline bfgstew

•  91 91
  • DOH!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 09:24:41 AM »
That's the one, read and inwardly digest so you understand how Mach3 works, they are in blocks so you can go down to homing limits and read from there but I urge you to read it all.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2015, 09:26:29 AM »

BTW: why are you all so defensive? do you have a vested interest in Mach3 or something? The way you're acting is like I personally insulted your wife or daughter....

Because your wrong.

If you want help with something, don't come to a forum telling everyone how much you know, and why you know how things should be.
If you knew so much, you wouldn't be asking for help.

If you want to get Mach3 setup to work correctly, then you need to learn about your machine, and how it's wired. You need to know which switches are wired to which pins, and setup Mach3 accordingly. If you can't do that, then you're going to have a hard time getting your machine working with Mach3, or any other control software.

The first thing I asked you was if your limit switches were enabled. I don't see that you ever answered that? And that's probably why they don't work.

Mach3 requires some knowledge and work by the user to get it set up and working properly.

btw: I updated to the current version and I STILL don't have a recently used file list...so I'd really like to know how one obtains this basic feature.....

Click the "Recent File" button next to the Cycle Start button.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2015, 09:33:51 AM »
2015 Mustang GT $46,170.00     Damn straight it comes "configured".
Mach3, $175  for the "do it yourself enthusiast" , some configurin' required .... NO comparison.

There are "Turn Key" options for you to consider that more closely match your analogy.
Haas, Fagor, Fanuc, Siemens, probably more ........

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2015, 09:37:32 AM »
You can buy a Flashcut system for $2000, ready to run with free phone support..... But you'll still need to know how your switches are wired.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2015, 09:53:18 AM »

BTW: why are you all so defensive? do you have a vested interest in Mach3 or something? The way you're acting is like I personally insulted your wife or daughter....

Because your wrong.

If you want help with something, don't come to a forum telling everyone how much you know, and why you know how things should be.
If you knew so much, you wouldn't be asking for help.

If you want to get Mach3 setup to work correctly, then you need to learn about your machine, and how it's wired. You need to know which switches are wired to which pins, and setup Mach3 accordingly. If you can't do that, then you're going to have a hard time getting your machine working with Mach3, or any other control software.

The first thing I asked you was if your limit switches were enabled. I don't see that you ever answered that? And that's probably why they don't work.

Mach3 requires some knowledge and work by the user to get it set up and working properly.

btw: I updated to the current version and I STILL don't have a recently used file list...so I'd really like to know how one obtains this basic feature.....

Click the "Recent File" button next to the Cycle Start button.

errr "because YOU'RE wrong".....(sorry just had to throw that in there lol).....

Umm I answered that question in a previous post about the switches being enabled... so here you are giving me flack and I answered the question...

"You need to know which switches are wired to which pins, and setup Mach3 accordingly. If you can't do that, then you're going to have a hard time getting your machine working with Mach3, or any other control software." so, let me ask you this: when you pull into the ford dealership to drive home your new Mustang GT, would you accept having to do all that before you can? No you wouldn't.....

BTW: saying "your wrong" doesn't explain why you're so defensive about mach 3

If it was so easy to use, and so simple, why are there over 150,000 posts and 34,000 threads loaded with thousands of people having issues?

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2015, 09:58:00 AM »
2015 Mustang GT $46,170.00     Damn straight it comes "configured".
Mach3, $175  for the "do it yourself enthusiast" , some configurin' required .... NO comparison.

There are "Turn Key" options for you to consider that more closely match your analogy.
Haas, Fagor, Fanuc, Siemens, probably more ........

Hmmm ok, so what you're saying is, it is the dollar value spent which determines whether a product is properly set up or not and how easy it is to set up? So what is the cut off point, $500 $5000? $50,000?

So, you can buy a smart phone for around $100....would YOU accept having to learn how the ssd drive operates and how the quad core processor is wired before being able to make a phone call?
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2015, 10:00:01 AM »
You can buy a Flashcut system for $2000, ready to run with free phone support..... But you'll still need to know how your switches are wired.

btw, I spend $4000 CDN on my system....so, according to you, I should expect years of headaches with it because I didn't spent what, $20,000?
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:56 AM »
From the manual, and this is exactly what I mean about flaws in the software...

"Note that although Mach3 uses limited jogging speed, choice of direction is entirely up to you. Nothing
will prevent you, in either case, from jogging farther onto the switch and possibly crashing the axis
into a mechanical stop. Take great care."

I mean, if you set up a "limit" safety feature, don't you think that that feature, whose sole purpose is to protect your machine, should actually PROTECT your machine? I mean, isn't that like buying condoms that you KNOW some of them have holes in them already?

Which gives me an idea to market a new product: Russian Roulette condoms....are sold in packs of 6, and ONE has a hole in them....you wont' know which one until a month later when you get a call from her saying "we've got to talk" lol.....