Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:59:56 AM

Author Topic: License questions  (Read 3026 times)

License questions
« on: November 05, 2016, 09:17:37 AM »
How does one license Mach4 on a machine they intend to sell and not have it count to their license limit.
Can I license it to a Happy Mach user or something?

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
Re: License questions
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 11:17:02 AM »
I assume that you are delivering a machine to a customer who plans to provide
their own computer.

In this case you can purchase and deliver a coupon code and allow the end
customer to "purchase" his license on the MachSupport web site using the
coupon code as payment.
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 12:13:41 PM »
Hi Steve,
I actually have a D&M (Sherline based) mill and lathe that will come complete with computer, monitor, and keyboard. This way it is all setup and should make it easier on the end user.

I will not be doing this enough to be come a dealer but every once in a while  I will retrofit something and would like to be able to sell it as a turnkey package.
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline Stuart

•  311 311
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 01:04:36 PM »
Mike

May be of target but could you not install the demo version set it all up as a turn key job and let the new owner get a licence in there own name

So in effect you can test it for your client

Just me thinking out loud

Stuart
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 08:47:24 PM »
Hi Stuart,
I could do that but I am trying to make the process for the new owner as painless as possible. If the new owner is local then I can just drive over and help him setup. If I wind up shipping this then I can only do so much.

It was a good idea none the less.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »
Hi Mike,

This is a very interesting question – may I suggest you contact Scott directly and seek his advice on the best option.
This can be done by using the contact form http://www.machsupport.com/contact-us/

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 08:52:49 AM »
Contacted. I will post any pertinent responses.

Mike
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 09:16:32 PM »
Haven't received a response so I will send another email see if the first one just got lost in the shuffle. :(

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2016, 06:21:09 PM »
Contact Todd, not Scott.  toddm -at- machsupport -dot- com

Steve