Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:47:19 AM

Author Topic: Tool Down DRO Position Button  (Read 2030 times)

Tool Down DRO Position Button
« on: December 20, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »
Ok I have a Tool Down DRO and next to that I have a Z Down Position Button.  The theory here is to be able to display the -2.5 down in the Z and the DRO will show the -2.5 when I hit the button.  Well it works.  Now I also want the button to move the Z Axis to the desired -2.5 when I hit the button.  This way If I want to do a manual tool change instead of using the M6START macro I can.  Anyone have any ideas?

Jeff

ToolDownDRO = 2001         'Tool Down DRO code
SetUserDRO(ToolDownDRO, -2.5)      'Z Height to pickup or drop tool

MyDROVal = GetUserDRO(ToolDownDRO)   'Get current value of ToolDownDRO
Re: Tool Down DRO Position Button
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:34:52 PM »
Well through lots of looking on the net, I finally figured out one way to do it with code.  If someone has a better idea let me know.  I can now hit the button on the screen and the Z will goto the value I have set in the ToolDownDRO.  I think this way I can use the ToolDownDRO and ToolUpDRO for manual tool changes.  I also have a button that will be able to retract and extend the slide carousel and Powered draw bar.  I now need to work on the coding of how to rotate the carousel and select tools from withing the carousel.  This side of things is all just for the manual tool change process using the ATC.

Jeff

ToolDownDRO = 2001         'ToolDownDRO code
SetUserDRO(ToolDownDRO, -2.5)      'Z Height to pickup or drop tool

MyDROVal = GetUserDRO(ToolDownDRO)     'Get Current Value of ToolDownDRO

code "G53G0 Z" Z-2.5

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 02:52:29 PM »
Normally you would have a manual tool load button and a manual advance carousel button that advances the carousel 1 position

The manual tool load sequence is different than an auto tool change sequence But all the position values are the same so they could be just hard coded into the script.

You would also have  Grip and Release buttons  to manual run the drawbar.

Your code to move is wrong    Code"G53G0Z" & MyDroVal   will work.

And remember you are moving in Machine coords just make sure you know where that is going to move to.

(;-) TP

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 03:41:56 PM »
TP, Thanks for taking a look at the code.  I will fix it the right way.  I do have a PDB button which I called Ext/Ret. That I can push it and the PDB will release the tool from the spindle and on the second push it will grab the tool into the spindle.  I may change the label on the button to Tool Grip\Release.  I do believe we spoke before and you told me once I got everything in place you would help me with my M6Start macro.  I am working on the ATC and trying to get it done but wow lots to do.

Thanks,

Jeff