Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:46:29 PM

Author Topic: Sindle stop and coolant stop when program pause  (Read 3656 times)

Offline lew

•  74 74
    • View Profile
Sindle stop and coolant stop when program pause
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:14:46 PM »
Hi All:
I am wondering if there's a good way to have the spindle and mist coolant stop when I press the space bar to pause the machine?
Thanks
LEW

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
Re: Sindle stop and coolant stop when program pause
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:47:07 AM »
It would not be normal to have them stop in a feed hold situtation. unless you manually stopped them.

Most controls have a manual override for both ie Coolant On OFF Auto.  Spindles would normally just have off and on but should not be able to be turned off with the machine in motion.

Wayne....

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 08:00:40 AM »
You could add VB code to the feed hold button... That would do it!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 09:00:58 AM »
Brian

But then would the outputs be re-enabled on the subsequent cycle start?   Never had need to try it so don't know.

Could be a recipe for disaster it they were not ;)

Wayne....

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »
I think it could be put in the macro pump, if you made a user LED to switch on when the Hold was active and off when not. In the macro pump  you could then switch the coolant  on or off depending on the state of the LED. Then again I know nothing about VB so I am probably talking bull
Hood

Offline lew

•  74 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:00:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies. I have been used to another system that shut the coolant and spindle off when you did a feed hold. It's been my experience that when the feed hold is initiated, something is not right. I wind up doing a few checks to see if the reason I pushed the feed hold is valid. Then, if it's not too far from the beginning, I'll just put the macine back at zero and restart. Otherwise, I restart the program from current position and coolant and spindle are restarted also. My old system worked pretty well and I've become "programmed" to the way it runs. so, that's the reason for the question.
I've only recently watched the scripting video and I'm just now starting to see what I can do with VB. Lot to know. Little time to learn.
Thanks
LEW