Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:48:31 PM

Author Topic: Add a laser to my CNC  (Read 17663 times)

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Add a laser to my CNC
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:58 AM »

Regarding the EStop not turning off the spindle/laser - when you say "the LED is on when estop is pressed", do you mean when you press an external EStop button (that is wired into the EStop input on the PMDX-132)?  Or do you mean when you click the "Disable" button in the lower left corner of the Mach4 screen?

Bob- I have a toggle switch that turns on and off the 12V to the laser. It gives me absolute control over activating the laser. Once the 12V switch is on I can then control the laser with the PWM from Mach 4. If something happens I can turn off the laser with the toggle switch. I also have the 12 going through the mushroom button for eStop. I have two NC contacts on the mushroom button so when I push it I disable Mach and the laser / spindle. The laser and spindle are both on the same side of the button (can't find a three contact NO mushroom button). Since I am using the toggle switch for both the laser and the spindle it works now.

The problem I am having is the when I use the ShuttlePro to stop the motion the laser sometimes works and sometimes does not. It works about 40% of the time. I believe I told you guys it was the disable button that was not working all of the time. I will see what the eStop on the ShuttlePro is mapped to and let you know.

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Re: Add a laser to my CNC
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 05:02:53 PM »
I looked at the ShuttlePro set up and the command is CycleStop. There are no other eStop type commands for the ShuttlePro.