Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:25:32 PM

Author Topic: Auto Tool Zero  (Read 7454 times)

Offline royce

•  40 40
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Tool Zero
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »
If you downloaded 4.2.2803 on a fresh install it should have defaulted to wx4.set screen. Judging by your picture it looks like you are using wxMach.set screen. Go to view, load screen, and select wx4.set.
Bridgeport Series 1 Rigid Ram Retrofitted w/PMDX126 BOB, PMDX107, Hitachi WJ200 VFD,ESS, Leadshine DM2282 Drivers running Mach4 comfortably.
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 08:38:10 PM »
I think he was starting with our sample profile, which still uses the wxMach screen set.  I really need to update our sample profile for the new screen sets.

FYI - to change screen sets, go to the "View" menu and select "Load Screen".  When the file select dialog pops up, change into the "Screens' directory to find all of the screen sets.

Bob

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 08:16:12 AM »
Bob -  is the wxMach screen set editable by end users? If you use it for the sample profile I don't know if I can even see the scripts or any of the other 'good stuff' you do behind the scenes so I can use it in my profiles.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 09:23:44 AM »
The wxMach.set screen set is editable in the usual manner. To start editing, click on

Operator > Edit Screen

One possible point of confusion comes to mind. There is also an executable named
wxMach.exe which is a special version of Mach4Hobby that loads with a fixed screen
set that does not have the Operator > Edit Screen option nor the View > Load Screen
option.

Running the usual Mach4GUI.exe (used by the launcher) and selecting the wxMach.set
screen set is NOT the same thing as running wxMach.exe because wxMach.exe does
not have the editor included. It is unfortunate that "wxMach" could be understood
to mean either.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 09:41:50 AM »
Steve - got it. I added the screen set yesterday. Did not get a chance to test the tool change. Will do it next week.

Peter
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2015, 09:55:44 AM »
Peter,

Do you have an update on this?  I think I'm having about the same issue as you.  I have configured what I thought needed to be configured but the buttons are not kicking off any code to run the zero'ing script.  Did you have to make any screen edits, etc. to get it to work?

Chris...

Steve - got it. I added the screen set yesterday. Did not get a chance to test the tool change. Will do it next week.

Peter

Offline Pedio

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2015, 09:59:08 PM »
Check out the other auto tool zero thread. It worked for me.