Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:54:12 PM

Author Topic: ESS settings vs control configuration settings?  (Read 1127 times)

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
ESS settings vs control configuration settings?
« on: July 29, 2019, 08:23:38 PM »
I am trying to setup a mach3 machine to work on mach4.

I have the ESS plugin installed and I am working through the instructions. However, I am confused because there are Control Configurations Settings for ports and pins, but there is also ports and pins setup in the ESS plugin.

Do I need to set these the same in both locations as what my Mach3 seems to only have in one location, or does one override the other?

Offline jevs

•  315 315
    • View Profile
Re: ESS settings vs control configuration settings?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 08:27:00 PM »
I may have just answered my own question. I scrolled way down in the steps I am following and found this......
Mach4 Step 5 - Input Signals Tab:

Mach's Input Signals tab should be fully populated from the values you entered in the ESS config, you should not need to do anything here.  NEVER SET A SIGNAL ACTIVE LOW HERE, ONLY SET A SIGNAL ACTIVE LOW IN THE ESS PINS CONFIG!

I guess it pulls them in from the ESS plugin.....lots to learn...
Re: ESS settings vs control configuration settings?
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 08:34:49 PM »
Hi,

I guess it pulls them in from the ESS plugin.....lots to learn...

Yes that is correct. If you make a setting in the ESS plugin it will often update Machs Control plugin as well. Thus it is not
necessary to make the setting in both plugins. There are settings however that can ONLY be made in the Mach Control
plugin, motor tuning for example.

The pinout is set in the ESS/Ports and Pins tab ane THEN they are connected to the Mach inputs and outputs in the ESS/Input Signals
and ESS/Output Signals tabs. They are automatically carried through to the Inputs and Outputs tabs of Mach Control.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'