Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:38:31 AM

Author Topic: How do I get mach 4 to run with Heiz xero3 controller?  (Read 4965 times)

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
How do I get mach 4 to run with Heiz xero3 controller?
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
h!

I have a connection with the machine. I can see the input signals and I can hear very weak movement from the motors on the machine. However I've gone through all the settings looked through all of the mnauals but have no idea how to get the motors to move...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jem
Re: How do I get mach 4 to run with Heiz xero3 controller?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 04:50:50 PM »
Hi Jem,

We need additional information in order to help you. Is this the controller that you have?

http://www.prototools.co.uk/shop/download/media/controller/zero3.pdf

If this is the controller that you have, the PMDX-411 needs to connect to the DB-25
on the LEFT side. To accomplish this you will need either a gender changer or a
straight through cable with a female connector on each end.

You should not need to change any of the settings inside the controller box.

Also, please use the Help > Support > Package Current Profile option from the menu bar
in Mach4 to generate a Profile Package from your machine and send it to us for analysis.

Regards,
Steve Stallings
PMDX
Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 04:52:34 PM »
Yep thats the one.

I've fitted a gender changer and it looks like it works. I can see the sensors working. Motors are engaging but too weakly to move.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »
Are your motors providing normal holding torque while at rest?

If not, this controller may not activate the motors until it sees the
"charge pump" running. Have you configured the PMDX-411 to
supply a "charge pump" signal on pin 16?

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 07:00:48 AM »
Not sure how to do that?

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2015, 11:33:43 AM »
when the pdmx device is plugged in and the software is off, the z motor starts grinding not moving just grinding. Switch on the software it works.. can see ref signals but no movement whatsoever from the motors which are on but locked.

Have gone through all of the settings and manuals but i cannot figure out how this is supposed to work?
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2015, 01:56:40 PM »
To enable the charge pump on the PMDX-411, do the following:

(1) Go to the Mach4 "Configure" menu and select "Mach...".

(2) When the configuration dialog appears, click on the "Output Signals" tab.  Scroll all the way to the bottom of the signal list.  Look for a signal named "Charge Pump #1".  This should be right after "Limit Override" and right before "Charge Pump #2" and "Current Hi/Lo".  If instead of "Charge Pump #1" you see "Reserved #1", go ahead and use that.  Our plug-in will still interpret this as the charge pump signal.

(3) On the "Charge Pump #1" line, click on the red "X" in the "Mapping Enabled" column to change it to a green check mark.  In the "Device" column select the "SmartBOBUSB" device.  In the "Output Name" column, select "Pin16".  You can leave the red "X" in the "Active Low" column.  Click on "OK" to return to the main Mach4 screen.

(4) Now go back to the Mach4 "Configure" menu and select "Plugins...".

(5) Click on the "Configure" button on the PMDX-SmartBOB-USB line.

(6) When the configuration dialog appears click on the "Feature Config" tab.

(7) Look for a section titled "Charge Pump Configuration".  Make sure the frequency is 12500 Hz, and that the "Charge Pump On only when Machine is Enabled" option is selected.  NOTE: The Zero3 manual does not say what frequency it expects on the charge pump signal, so we are using our plug-in's default value.

( 8 ) Click on "OK" until you are back at the main Mach4 screen.

(9) With Mach4 disabled (the button in the lower left corner should be flashing green and say "Enable"), look at the LEDs on the front of the Zero3 box.  The 2nd LED from the left shows the charge pump status, and this LED should be off.  now enable Mach4 by clicking on the flashing green "Enable" button.  The button should turn red and say "Disable".  On the Zero3 controller, the 2nd LED from the left should now be on.

Now see if you can get any motion from your motors.

Bob

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
thanks bob! I'll give that a try...

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2015, 02:11:58 PM »
ok tried all of that... green lights are on... I can barely hear the motors trying to turn but they aren't moving. Not on any axis...

Offline jem

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »
Its working!  ;D Thank you so much! the motors sound a wee bit weird but they are all moving... I changed to another set of pins and that did the trick... okey dokey then... now to configure the motors etc  :)