Hello Guest it is May 21, 2019, 11:22:54 PM

Author Topic: Newbie of course! testing  (Read 1191 times)

Newbie of course! testing
« on: December 05, 2015, 11:30:01 PM »
I have everything on the 6040 set up. I can move all the axis' positive and negative with the arrow keys. I have run some small tests successfully. Here is the problem. I run other tests and the spindle will go up and down but the Y and X axis motors outside wheel barely moves and the machine it self doesnt move except the Z axis still moves up and down as it should. I watch the path in the upper right window of Mach3 and the X and Y moves but the machine motors dont? Thanks for any input. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,764 7,764
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: Newbie of course! testing
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 02:14:28 AM »
Hi Max,

Welcome to the forum.

Could it be that the Gcode you are running is in 'Inch' units and your machine / Mach3 has been set-up in 'mm' units ??

(ideally all Gcode should contain a G20 or G21 (as appropriate) to avoid this issue but we don't live in the ideal world).

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 07:33:54 PM »
thanks for the reply. That was one of the many problems. I will spend another 40 hours on videos and forums and maybe figure this out!! lol

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  7,764 7,764
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 01:40:55 AM »
Hi Max,

Not sure that 40 hours will be enough  ;D

(I've been at it for 10 years and I still don't know the half of it).

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.