Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:50:55 AM

Author Topic: Limit switches  (Read 1562 times)

Limit switches
« on: December 05, 2015, 02:25:36 PM »
Hi
I am having a problem setting up my limit and home switches, I wired in series to pin 12 X,Y,Z Did auto setup in ports and pins and applied. after I close I get a limit switch triggered warning, in the diagnostic page I do not get a steady light showing a tripped switch but a indeterminate  flashing light that does not stay on did I do something wrong.
Bill
Re: Limit switches
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 09:21:45 PM »
Hi
I am posting again today, I must be dense or doing something wrong, I have watched the videos and read and reread the manual and still haven't been able to get my limit switches out of tripped mode when enabled. Seemed to work when I set them up until I tripped one to see if they were working and now whenever I enable I get a tripped message.  I will described as best I can XYZ wired in series ports and pins, all are port 1 pin 12 and in auto setup active low. whenever these are checked I get a limit tripped condition. In the Diagnostic screen if active low is on I get a flickering yellow light in the input signals currant state, if active low is unchecked but the switches are enabled I get a solid yellow light. Have i missed setting something else up?
Thanks for any help or guidance
Bill
Re: Limit switches
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 11:57:01 AM »
Hi
I did a continuity check on the switches and checked the wiring all are functioning properly,.with a meter on the loop of switches when I trip a switch it does break the continuity. With active low checked in ports and pins/inputs none are are lite up on the diagnostic screen when I trip a switch I do not get a tripped light. Can anyone give me an idea what is wrong
Thanks Bill