Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:45:39 AM

Author Topic: Mach ATC Screen Help  (Read 4790 times)

Mach ATC Screen Help
« on: December 14, 2015, 06:30:57 PM »
Hello I am trying to make a new Mach3 screen for an ATC I am building.  I am using the original screen set that came with my Mach3 software.  I want the new screen to have the Tab up at the top to match the other pages.  The new screen will be screen 11.  I want the Tab for the page to say ATC alt.11.  I am not sure how to make the tab at the top, is it a button or a text box?  very confused of how to go about this.  On the page I want to start off by making a button for my OUTPUT7 to run My air cyclinder valve to the EXTEND and RETRACT mode.  I want to push the button, let it go and it stay on until I push another button next to it that says RETRACT.   With that I want to put LEDS next to the EXTEND and RETRACT buttons.

This all sounds good but I need to figure out how to at least make the page so I can put the buttons on it.  If I get a nudge in the right direction I may be able to figure out the buttons.  Any help would be nice.  Oh and by the way I am using MachScreen Editor.

Thanks,

Jeff
Re: Mach ATC Screen Help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 07:25:35 PM »
Hi Jeff,
  It is a button.
They are configured on page 0.
Adjust position and place your new button there and assign the function "Screen select page 11"

Then go to page 11 and add away.

Hope this helps ya,
Russ
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 07:53:08 PM »
Russ, thanks a lot for the help!  I will give it a try and see what happens.  I did not realize screen 0 is where that took place.  I really like messing around with this stuff, seeing what I might be able to do once I learn.  I fly for the airlines and get a lot of down time to work on this stuff, if I can figure out how.  To clarify my thinking, to make buttons to go on the screens like the one I am trying to create you need to make them in some other design software then incorporate that into the screen?  Save those buttons or pictures in the bitmap folder and use those if I so choose, am I right or wrong?

Thanks,

Jeff
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:11:10 PM »
An ATP should have no problem with this stuff. I'm just a Private, SEL and manage to muddle through .... sort of.

All the buttons are in there, just set them up to suit.
Place it, size it up and add some text and a function from the list. Same for the LED.

No 7 though, all I see is 4, 5 and 6.

I don't use this designer, just fiddling.

Fly safe,
Russ
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 10:24:08 PM »
Russ, Thanks for the reply!  Well I made an on/off button with LED for both the Tool Carousel air solenoid and the PDB air Solenoid.  I am now going to make one for the air blast to clean the tool for when it is put back into the carousel.  I am having a ball watching and hearing my solenoid turning on and off with the button I made on the screen. 

flying now is not as near as fun as playing around with this little G0704 mill and moding it out with all this cool stuff.  I have the mill in pieces right now because I am modifying it to work very smooth I hope anyway. 

Yes the type ride/ATP in the B1900D was a big handful for me at that time back in 1998.  Now flying and having 5000 to 6000 hours in the B737 it's just a day on the job.  I have not flown a SEL for years I think I would hurt myself now if I tried without an instructor. 

Jeff