Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 06:59:18 PM

Author Topic: limit switch set up  (Read 3081 times)

limit switch set up
« on: December 07, 2015, 02:37:57 PM »
Hi
I started this question in another thread but didn't get any responses. I hope someone can help. I wired my limit switches in series for XY and Z to port one pin 12 I have checked my wiring and all switches are functioning. I did auto setup in ports and pins which went fine all are enabled and set to active low. when I jog to a switch and trip it does nothing. if I go into ports and pins and click off active low the light  cones on in the diagnostic page that shows that switch is tripped. what am I missing?
Thanks for  any help you can share
Bill
Re: limit switch set up
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 02:53:40 PM »
Sounds like you missed a setting. How are you telling mach 3 that the input is the limit for x, y, and z? If your input is pulled to ground with the switches all closed then the input should be active high because that is what happens when a switch opens. Hope this helps.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 03:16:48 PM »
Hi
Thanks for your interest, when I did auto setup in ports and pin Mach 3 set them all to active low
Bill
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 03:19:36 PM »
Hi
If I uncheck active low ( issue that means they are configured active high) I get a limit swich triggered in mach 3
Bill
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:33 PM »
Hi
If I missed a setting what might it be,  Is there more to it than the auto setup for limit switches
Bill
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »
Hi
I think I found a solution to my problem with my limit switches, see link http://hobbycncaustralia.com/Instructions/iI21EstopLimit.htm What I didn't get from the video and Mach 3 manual was the activation sequence after I did auto setup. I let auto setup  enter my port and pins and just clicked ok when I was finished I didn't go thru and let Mach 3 learn that these are my limits if I said that right. Will report back after I try this
Bill
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:26 PM »
That was what I was trying to say. Once you have Mach 3 working really well you forget how exactly you got there!