Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:51:03 PM

Author Topic: z spindle stops spinning  (Read 2317 times)

z spindle stops spinning
« on: November 20, 2015, 06:53:12 AM »
could anyone enlighten me on, why when i run the sample g code of the skull and bones on mach3, it starts to cut the design, then the z spindle stops rotating and moves left or right. i have not entered any tool or off set settings? but am all zeroed.. ??? ???

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: z spindle stops spinning
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 07:28:15 AM »
The CAD/CAM post processor which was used to create the cross demo does duplicate some F and M commands (reason unknown) but the spindle is turned on with the M3 command towards the start of the Gcode and only turned off with the M5 command towards the end. I have just tested the Gcode and it runs fine here.
If your spindle turns off before the M5 command is reached then you may have an electrical problem. Perhaps check your wiring, speed controller (if fitted), relay, etc.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 12:35:39 PM »
cheers Tweakie, im doubting its electrical, maybe something in the controller, its a uc100, and maybe, just maybe, the machine ive bought, dosent work well with it, unsure ? i am going to try other sample codes, and set tool settings up a little more, as well as purchasing ACxpress download, and take it from there, im battling on, appx 6-8 hrs every day, it was always the retirement plan, so at this rate, im sure ill be in good stead, as till now i still haven't actually cut more than an inch along some balsa wood, and marginally damaged the table :)  i wanted a roland, but only had rat money !!! but im sure my little rat will take me to a roland ;) my machine is a http://wegstr.com/     if anyone has ever heard or seen of it,, please dont laugh :)  cheers again

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 01:31:49 AM »
I think your little Wegstr is a great machine - it's certainly looks a lot better than some of the cheap Chinese machines I have seen lately.

Just as a trial...

Look at the bones Gcode ( in Notepad) and note where the first M3 command appears. Using Edit / Replace delete all the M3 commands except the first one (or delete them all then replace the first one). Save the changes.

Run that code on your machine (just cutting air) and see if the spindle still stops.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 07:10:36 AM »
i will definitely try that,, thanks Tweakie , plus, i asked the vendor of the machine what design software he uses, and used in the production videos, he said Vectric Aspire. what you suggested !!! :) So another manual to read, ive downloaded the trial, and will purchase. the little ive seen of it, it looks like what i need, as the ACxpress is not going to suffice, for what i am intending to create.

Again, many thanks Tweakie...