Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:01:23 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Not Allowing Multiple Codes Without Restarting  (Read 5597 times)

Mach 3 Not Allowing Multiple Codes Without Restarting
« on: November 09, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
I know this is probably not the correct place for this post but I've been dealing with this for several months. Not that mach support couldn't correct/identify problem. We just have not been able to get a good time for the both of us to be free.

I cut a lot of Baltic birch letters and that normally requires 2 different passes. I run a spiral down cut for the first pass and a spiral uncut for the second pass.
I can run the first pass with no problem. When I load the second pass and hit start Mach freezes and I have to restart Mach. Then it will run the second code with not problem.

It's like I'm only allowed to run one code. I have been on this purchased licenses for almost 1.5 years with no problem. This just started all of the sudden a couple months ago. I just learned
to deal with it for that long.

IF anyone knows of something please let me know..

Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 Not Allowing Multiple Codes Without Restarting
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 11:25:37 AM »
When you hit Start and Mach freezes do you get any error message in the Status window ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 12:09:15 PM »
No errors at all. It's very strange. Like I said, it's been working with no problems for over year.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 12:19:56 PM »
I would be inclined to re-install Mach3 (save a copy of your existing Mach3 folder first) but not the latest 066 version - perhaps version 062.

Tweakie.

The official info...

When available, updates for Mach3 and the Add-ons are posted on the Downloads & Update page. To update to the newest version, follow the procedure below:

1) Backup the following to the desktop, or even better, a USB drive:

XML(Profile) – This stores you’re settings for Mach3, if you lose it you will need to re-setup you’re ports and pins, motor tuning, etc.
Screensets/Macros/Brains

2) Download the current version of Mach3 from the Downloads & Update page.

3) Install the downloaded version; allow the install path to default to where Mach3 is installed.

WARNING: If you do not backup the files in Step 1, you will lose ALL settings and configurations.

PEACE
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 12:20:38 PM »
I've tried reinstalling Mach with no success.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »
.... long shot here.... temporary files ....  suggest downloading a copy of ccleaner and running it to do a purge of all your temporary files and folders as it may be a memory related issue.     https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

The other thing may be the lookahead setting on the general configuration page (is it set to 200?).
http://www.machsupport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Mach3_CVSettings_v2.pdf

Do you want to post your profile *.XML file and we can have a look and provide some comments maybe (you will need to rename it to *.txt for it to upload).

Are you running much RAM on the PC?

Rob

Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »
Something is locking mach3 out requiring a restart. It will not even raise to rapid height after a pressing run. It remains at the zero position
Until you restart.

I have tried reinstalling Mach.
I have not tried the cdrive cleaner.

As for the Ram question. I have a dedicated PC for Mach 3 and pro engineer. Pro engineer requires a lot more ram and it runs flawless.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 02:10:29 PM »
Can you provide a screenshot of your configuration page?

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 02:12:01 PM »
What Ram would be considered sufficient? I'm not in front of the PC at the moment. But just curious.  

Yes, I will post soon as I'm in front of the PC... Thanks for your help trying to resolve this issue.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 02:12:49 PM »
I'm not in front of PC at the moment..Typing skills are starting to suck...