Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:42:26 PM

Author Topic: G31 Function  (Read 6253 times)

vmax549

G31 Function
« on: March 07, 2006, 08:08:02 PM »
Good evening Brian, Doing well I hope. I have found a problem or two with the G31 function.
1.  When in use, it moves to the trip point and stops. It does not back off of the trip point and leaves mach in a locked out mode. It seems as long as the probe stays tripped Mach can't move. If you move the part and allow the probe to remake all is well.

2. The G31 record file function will only work from inside of a Gcode program, I can not get it to function from the MDI line. It will not record the trip data.

3. Using G31 from inside of  Gcode file works but it does not record all the axis' data.
It records X but not y and Z sometimes and A never. Even though I have the 4th axis turned on for Digitizing.

I have been working on a CMM page and a Coordinate Rotation Page based on the G31 probe cycle.  Just wanted to let YALL know. (:~)= Terry

vmax549

Re: G31 Function
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:09:59 PM »
ALMOST forgot to ask. How do I apply the probe tip radius offset in MACH using the G31 code????  Terry
Re: G31 Function
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 10:52:22 PM »
Terry I don't do Probe work in the Gcode :) I do everything in VB... In VB you can tell it to Probe down and after it is done to move Up off the part X amount. If I can get you into VB I can help you MUCH more!

So would you like to do VB?

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com