Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:23 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 crashing  (Read 4281 times)

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
Mach3 crashing
« on: May 05, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »
The currently locked version of Mach3 is crashing my laptop. (Mach3 2.0.065)
It runs, I also found the right steps for the A-Axis sherline table and I can jog and enter G-Code all day long.
The moment I load a generated file for example from DeskProto) Mach3 starts working on it and randomly between line 10 and 100 it crashes my laptop so bad the the mouse cursor stops moving and I have to actually take the battery out to kill it.
The G-Code is about 2MB and is displayed alright in the little window (can I make that LARGERRRR ???).
Software installed is deskproto rhino4 and mach3.
I also went through the optimization and deleted or switched off anything recommended there.

I have 1GB Ram and a P4 with 2.4GHz speed.

Any Ideas where I can look for problems?

Stuck Lemo
Cut five times and still to short...

Hood

Re: Mach3 crashing
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:36:45 AM »
might be worth going into MSconfig and disableing all the startup stuff thats not needed, that is if youve not done it already.
Laptops can and have been problematic in the past, another thing to check is your power saving options, it could be that windows is dropping down the power as it thinks its not needed, think you can set it to always on or desktop mode or something (sorry dont have laptop here)

Hood

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 10:50:38 AM »
As I mentioned, I disabled everything. Nothing else than Mach running. If a driver actually freezes XP then there is something wrong with that driver. Is there a diagnostic?
Lemo

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 12:17:14 PM »
I took a closer look during the loading of the g-code and a message pops up in the status line which says 'Driver Watchdog Triggered' and from there on the system slows downnnnnnnnnn and if I start the code it is only a matter of time till the entire system freezes.

I go and try out the samples which came with Mach3 and see what happens there.

Lemo

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 01:52:13 PM »
See what happens if you disable the watchdog.
Hood

Offline lemo

•  135 135
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
I could not find the gun to shoot the watchdog... Where is that option?

I did try out the code for the Road Runner and that carves like there is no tomorrow.
So there must be something with my G-Code. Dang... More reading!

However..... the Roadrunner showed me a setup problem I had... The Z-Axis was inverted.
Thank god for foam.... Looked kinda empty after lunch. Except for the parts where it should have traveled above the tool.
But that's history now.

Thanks for your comments!
Lemo

Hood

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2007, 04:56:35 PM »
config menu then general config. Look at the furthest right list on the page that pops up, somewhere near the top if I remember.
Hood