Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:18:26 AM

Author Topic: No movement from ESS plugin  (Read 6663 times)

Re: No movement from ESS plugin
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 05:50:30 PM »
I changed it and it did the same thing.  Also, I can't even run MDI commands, Dont know if that is necessary to know also or not. 
Thanks for the help also.
Chad Byrd

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2015, 06:09:08 PM »
Cbyrdtopper what if any noise do the stepper motors make when you try to jog. you have the steps per set to a very oversize number with a slow as a wet week acc and velocity I think that may be a bit wrong

you have the EStop ticked in Mach config that's wrong you do it in the ESS config

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 06:10:05 PM »
Daz I keep forgetting to use the .ini it is faster than pick`s

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 06:40:53 AM »
Well back home to pc and loaded your config, I go with blockhead on this if you look in the log you get (Estop is asserted) pic attatched, i would start by deleting this in the mach inputs section. (second attatchment)

V2686 Used

DazTheGas
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:42:55 AM by DazTheGas »
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2015, 09:23:44 AM »
Okay DazTheGas,
Messing with the Estop seemed to do the trick.  I don't really know what I did exactly but it works now.  I started by setting it to active high (unchecking) and it didn't work so I changed it in the Plugin settings and still didn't seem to work, after that I tried a couple other combinations and one seemed to do the trick.  Uploading the INI again so you can check it out. 

I also had some questions about the estop controlling my outputs.  I was testing outputs and inputs with my drawbar, I wanted to know if the estop would change the state of my output to (0).  It turns out that it doesn't.  I haven't messed with any of the screen load, unload, PLC, or signal scripts.  When I hit my estop I want some of my outputs to turn off.  So what kind of code do I need to have, and where do I need to put it?

Thanks for the help!!
Chad Byrd

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2015, 02:54:04 PM »
you will have to do a table that gets activated by the estop you would have it in the PLC when estop is active do this

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »
you still have ticks in m4 config you don't do this

and check your steps per
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2015, 04:00:55 PM »
I fixed the ticks in mach config.  The steps per on my axis were correct with my machine, except maybe the spindle.  I can't get the spindle working.  I'm using a C6 Speed Control Board.  I'm using the already defined Spindle Forward, Spindle Reverse, and Spindle On outputs in the ESS configuration.  It will turn on the relays with M3 and M4 and will even M5 correctly, however it isn't putting out a signal for my 0-10 VDC. 

Blockhead, are you referring to a signal table?  If so how do I set it up and use it.  I didn't find that the example in the Lua scripting manual was very helpful. 
Chad Byrd

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
your steps per are very high if it works it works.

you will have to ask Daz I have not done any .lua coding in a long time there may be a better way to do it the but in the manual is correct. have a look at the example in the lua examples folder in c/M4. Signal Library I think that's what you wont

Offline DazTheGas

•  778 778
  • DazTheGas
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2015, 03:13:51 AM »
theres actually a better example of signals in the screenload script in the latest release, if you look into signals you can do an if statement

if estop signal == 1 then
set output 1 to 0
set output 2 to 0
etc etc

DazTheGas
New For 2022 - Instagram: dazthegas