Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:32:24 PM

Author Topic: pocketing and profiling  (Read 4309 times)

Re: pocketing and profiling
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 09:23:13 AM »
Just looked at vector cut 2D, seems to have everything I need for a fraction of what I paid for bobcad, I'll keep bobcad v25 may be useful in the future if I get deeper into it, but I will open wallet and get cut2D, at 149.00 it's worth a shot! looks much easier to use, took me a year to get v25 so I could do anything in less than an hour! I'm self taught, it's not good enough for me to just have someone show me how to do something, I have to know how and why to get there!
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:29 AM »
I'm self taught too, it took me about 12 months of my spare time to get up to speed from a base of no CAD/CAM experience at all.
BobCAD V25 is really capable and with all the free video tutorials on Al DePaolo's After Dark channel on YouTube and the community support on CNC Zone there's not really an excuse other than "I can't be bothered"
You should really take the time to talk to the guys on CNC Zone - I help there when I can - as what you're wanting to do is well within the scope of V25 if you can be bothered to ask,
Regards,
Nick
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2015, 09:53:01 AM »
I will for sure continue my education with bobcad, I already have it, and I do like it for making small parts, I got pretty good at doing that, but have been struggling with inlay, and it's not that I don't want to ask for help, that's what I'm doing here, it's more that cut2D has an inlay menu which I like, it's more the time it will take to get it right, I don't want to spend another year learning, not that I learn slow, but I don't get a chance to do this as often as I would like and I find myself going backwards to refresh my mind and next thing you know I just spent 3 hours to do something I should be able to do in 5 or 10minutes.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2015, 10:21:44 AM »
Internal or external profiling to exact size for a given material and cutter will need at least one test cut to check how it comes out on your machine whatever your software is, but if something else gives you a menu you prefer that does the one thing you want to do that makes sense too.
Presumably you've learned all about the use of the Profiling feature in BCC ?

- Nick
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2015, 12:45:13 PM »
Yes everything I know to date is through bbc, Thanks to all for your input, I will continue on my journey to improve my skills!