Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:33:53 PM

Author Topic: Invert axis direction always changing to active  (Read 3930 times)

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
Invert axis direction always changing to active
« on: October 13, 2015, 05:05:35 PM »
Hello,
i need some help to find out why always after i changed the MPG mode in Mach3 the check box “Invert axis direction” is going to active and the motor turns wrong.
I started from scratch many times. Deleted the “PoKeysMachConfig.xml”, reset the device and used a new mach profile.
But I cannot find the problem.
The behavior is just on one Axis. When I uncheck the box the motor turns correct again. But after changing the MPG mode, box is active the motor turns wrong again.

Thanks
Gerd

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Invert axis direction always changing to active
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 11:46:01 PM »
Hi, Gerd

Check the Mach3 Home/Limits dialog. The axis direction is inverted there.

www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 03:31:36 AM »
Hello NeoTO, i will check this afterwork.
But so far i remember i did no changes there. This is just an open wire construction to prepare Mach3 for my Lathe conversion.
So no limit switches or other devices are connected.
Only two MPG two motors Pokeys + CNC addon.
But one general question. Is it necessary to use the Main programm for settings.
Or it's good to use the Mach plugin dialogs only. Some times not really clear for me.

Gerd

Offline GerdS

•  42 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Hello NeoTO,
you are right ;)
But can not remember i ever changed this.

Thank your for you help.
Gerd

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 11:01:38 AM »
Hi, Gerd

Initially, we tried to implement all options in our plugin, but received feedback from the users that some functions are duplicates of the existing ones in Mach3. Therefore, we decided to not duplicate these settings and allow users to use the known Mach3's dialogs for setting up the primary settings. Unfortunately, this produces a little bit of confusion, but one should get a hang of it quite fast.

Regards,
Matevž
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope