Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:08:48 PM

Author Topic: How to make a DRO for Tool Up = GetUserDRO(2000)  (Read 1759 times)

How to make a DRO for Tool Up = GetUserDRO(2000)
« on: December 20, 2015, 03:32:39 PM »
Hello I am trying to learn how to make a DRO for one that does not exist.  I am using MachScreen and know how to make a DRO that is a standard code or OEM code but not one that I have created.  I want a set a number in my Tool Up DRO so that I know how High my Z axis is for my tool change.  Any help would be awesome.  Would it be made via a brain or VB?  And yes for the macro this distance is the distance that the tool is before the Carousel slide can retract. 

Jeff

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: How to make a DRO for Tool Up = GetUserDRO(2000)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:32:03 PM »
HIYA Jeff I would love to help BUT I have never heard of what you are describing you need.  Can you describe how your Tool changer works as to the motions required. A picture or drawing would be nice OR if you have seen an example of what you need on youtube ??

(;-) TP
Re: How to make a DRO for Tool Up = GetUserDRO(2000)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »
TP, Thanks for the reply.  With trying multiple things and reading more on VB Scripting I was able to figure it out.  It works the way I want it to now.  In a nutshell here is what I was trying to do.  I made a label saying Tool Up Position, next to that I have a DRO.  What I am trying to see on the screen is the Tool Up Position for when the ATC carousel can slide into the extend area for the tool change.  At that point the Z axis will come down and pickup the tool, that being the Tool Down Position for the Z.  I added a button next to the DRO that says (Tool Up Position).  I can now click on the button and the DRO will indicate the Tool Up Position.  I am ready to take it a step further and make the button move the Zaxis upto that Tool Up Position so that I could do a manual tool change for when I implement my touch screen.  I am really making my ATC screen look similar to one I found on the net that I like with a few mods of my own.

I hope it all works like I have planned.

Thanks,

Jeff