Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:06:10 AM

Author Topic: Set JOG Mode to Cont.  (Read 6332 times)

Set JOG Mode to Cont.
« on: September 19, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »
Hello,

I installed Mach 3 and it has been working great. Just some small things ........

1- When I startMach3 Mill the JOG mode is always in "Step" mode. Is ther a way to set is so JOG mode would always be when started in "Cont." mode ?

2- In JOG Mode when I am in "Step" mode it moves only very slow Is there a place to adjust the speed ?

I know these are probably simple questions but I doi not seem to be able to find this

Thanks for support

Re: Set JOG Mode to Cont.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 01:34:44 PM »
Step mode needs a feed speed entered on the mdi screen. I type in F20 and that seems about right. I think it should default to some value but I don't know where that might be.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 01:46:32 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for quick answer.

as said I am still new to mach3 ..........

What is MDI screen ?

sorry for being a Noob
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 01:48:47 PM »
......... I have screenset 2010

so I did not have MDI

sorry

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 01:51:27 PM »
Step mode needs a feed speed entered on the mdi screen.

No, you do need to enter a slow jog percentage though.

1- When I start Mach3 Mill the JOG mode is always in "Step" mode. Is there a way to set is so JOG mode would always be when started in "Cont." mode ?

Might want to try opening the jog flyout and setting it to cont. mode, close the flyout and repeat then close Mach. It should be coming up in Cont. mode unless you have a pendant or switch telling it to go into step mode.

2- In JOG Mode when I am in "Step" mode it moves only very slow Is there a place to adjust the speed ?

See above ^^^

I know these are probably simple questions but I doi not seem to be able to find this

Might want to take a look at the Mach3 Mill Install and Config. Guide. Lots to Mach that you won't know if you don't. These questions are answered in section 3.2.

http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
......... I have screenset 2010

so I did not have MDI

sorry

In the 2010 Screenset, you can use the MDI at any time. Just hit the ENTER key to open the MDI, type your feedrate (F50 for example) and then hit ENTER again.

What you might want to do is add your feedrate (F###) to the Initialization string in General Config. Then, when you first click RESET, it will set your feedrate to whatever you put in the Initialization string.

Mach3 defaults to 6 units per minute, if you don't do one of the above things to change it when it starts.

If Mach3 is in Continuous Jog mode when you close it, it should remain in Continuous mode when it restarts.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html