Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:41:53 AM

Author Topic: Master Slave setup  (Read 4020 times)

Master Slave setup
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
Hello,

I'm still trying to setup my Galil 2183 with Mach3 and I still have problems with the master slave working properly.  I was wondering if I am supposed to set up the gantry mode in Galilsuite and Mach3 or just in Mach3 alone.  The gantry system works fine when I and jogging the Y axis and the slave A axis.  When I try to run Gcode, the motors start to get out of sink and the a axis will be so far of the it trips a fault.  I have the setting all set the same for both axis in Maach3 and Galilsuite but everything I try seems to provide no remedy.  Using brushed DC servos with AMC drives and CUI capacitive  line driver encoders.  Any help would be appreciated so much.  I'm at the point of giving up.

Thanks,
Andre Barclay
   :'(
Re: Master Slave setup
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
Andre,
You can set up the Galil for gantry mode and just have Mach give one axis command. Check the Galil plugin you are using for Mach, I don't remember if you can slave from there. Since you're using servos in closed loop with the Galil, I would think it has a better chance of keeping the motors sync'ed due to the encoders feeding back into it.
Good luck.
Allen
Re: Master Slave setup
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 04:25:11 PM »
Thanks Allen,

I give it try.  I am also looking at noise issues.  The nice thing about Galilsuite is t hat you can view all the motors' status a the same time and it looks as though one of the axis is sending out so serious noise.

Andre